The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Is Queen Mary good for CS?

I was predicted A*'s but ended up with ABB and lost my UCL offer. I have Queen Mary as my insurance. Is it good and worth it for Computer Science? Apparently, they aren't good with careers? I don't know much about them and need some guidance
Original post by Anonymous
I was predicted A*'s but ended up with ABB and lost my UCL offer. I have Queen Mary as my insurance. Is it good and worth it for Computer Science? Apparently, they aren't good with careers? I don't know much about them and need some guidance

No top university will accept you with ABB for Computer Science. Queen Mary is as good as you get in London and probably at this stage anywhere. It isnt a bad university. As you had them as your insurance I assume you were happy with them.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by swanseajack1
No top university will accept you with ABB for Computer Science. Queen Mary is as good as you get in London and probably at this stage anywhere. It isnt a bad university. As you had them as your insurance I assume you were happy with them.

So do you consider Queen Mary not a top uni?
Original post by dazedbaloon1
So do you consider Queen Mary not a top uni?

Not at the level of Imperial or LSE
Reply 4
Sorry, I realised the tone of my question has come out wrong. I meant no disrespect to qm as it is a good uni. I've heard a lot about it's law and english course and was asking about it in terms of cs. And you guys are right about my grades- they've come out really bad and I'm grateful that qm has accepted me at this point. What I'm asking is that is it worth me studying there or retaking my alevels and trying again next year for ucl,imperial etc

I chose it as my insurance because of my need to stay in London due to a personal reason, and dont actually know much about it.
Original post by Anonymous

Everything I've read is positive. I start on 15th september at QMUL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending