The Student Room Group

Did she like me and what should I do? absolute turmoil smh

Okay so I'm in a long distance relationship since starting university, but we've been going strong for 5 years. I'm not really savvy with people? I'm autistic so don't really pick up on nuance and intention so I'm just asking here to clear things up.

So I've settled in really well with a lovely group of people and I wouldn't have things any other way to be honest. I love all of my friends a lot. Me and the girl weren't TOO close but still hit it off and we are moving in together next year.

I come from a very religious place so I was really worried about coming out as lesbian to everyone. But when I did, she was really happy until I said I had a girlfriend, upon which she absolutely exploded. She literally SCREAMED and shook me around and said things like 'I CANT BELIEVE YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND'. and says this over and over and over. I think she looks down on me a bit as I am not a very sexual person (obviously, i have a girlfriend) So the idea that I could already be taken didn't really strike with her at all. Let alone for five years. She keeps asking me if I'm asexual and it's just kind of annoying. I find her reaction to be really rude, tbh, as her repeatedly stating that 'I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. NO WAY' kind of comes off as her saying that I'm unlovable, which isn't really something a friend should say or think? This left me very confused on how to feel.

And then, a week after, she was talking to my other friend and said something along the lines of 'Oh yeah. Like, there was this girl I was gonna go for in our class and she's hot but it turns out she's been in a relationship for 5 years'. And I'm like, HUH!? Surely she can't mean me? But she keeps implying these things and I AM VERY UNCOMFORTABLE!! I am in a happy relationship.

And now, a couple weeks later, she literally barely speaks to me and whenever I speak around her I almost feel like she's judging me. She keeps saying these small things that bring me down and I'm SO CONFUSED at what she WANTS. First she was all over me, then she's like super surprised that I have a girlfriend, and now it feels like I'm kind of a nuisance to her.

I've talked to my other friends about this and they all agree that she can be a bit manipulative. But nobody is really sure what to do about it and I'm worried that if this is how she's actng now, what could possibly be next and WHY is she treating me like this?

Has anyone had a similar reaction? What advice would you give someone in this position? I'm not willing to drop her because I do enjoy her company and im moving into a house with her next year , but I'm not willing to go the extra mile just to be her friend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending