The Student Room Group

Transferring univeristy

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew about transferring universitys after doing a foundation year. I am currently on a gap year and I am holding an offer to study pharmacy with a foundation year at UEA. But I am having second thoughts about the university. I achieved medicore grades (ABC) which aren't good enough for pharmacy if i were to apply to elsewhere without the foundation year. If I were to take a foundation year at UEA and score well in this year would it be possible to move to another university (say Swansea for example) to do the same course without having to another foundation year and without my A-level grades being weighed heavily in the desicion making process. If anyone knowns more about this please reply!!
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by elikoran
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew about transferring universitys after doing a foundation year. I am currently on a gap year and I am holding an offer to study pharmacy with a foundation year at UEA. But I am having second thoughts about the university. I achieved medicore grades (ABC) which aren't good enough for pharmacy if i were to apply to elsewhere without the foundation year. If I were to take a foundation year at UEA and score well in this year would it be possible to move to another university (say Swansea for example) to do the same course without having to another foundation year and without my A-level grades being weighed heavily in the desicion making process. If anyone knowns more about this please reply!!

Have you tried ringing Swansea to speak to them about this?
Hi there,

Transferring to another university after completing a foundation year is possible, but there are some things you will have to consider.

Academic Performance: your performance throughout your foundation year can help your case for transferring, as all universities will consider your most recent academic performance.

University Policies: each university has its own policies and regulations regarding transfers, so it's important to speak to the admissions team of the institutes you're interested in to understand your eligibility.

Course relevance: the content and relevance of your foundation year should be similar to the course you wish to transfer to. For example, if the foundation year at UEA aligns well with the pharmacy degree at Swansea, this may increase your chances of a successful transfer.

Remember, transferring is not an easy process, so it’s best to gather information directly from the universities to understand your options fully.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending