The Student Room Group

If a guy turns around to get a better look at you?

This guy stopped in his tracks to get a better look at me, and then walked a few steps closer. Now, I do know of him and he used to find me attractive in the past but we aren’t on good terms currently.

What do you think? Could it have been that he just wanted to make sure it’s me or do you think there would have been a level of attraction if he stopped in his tracks and came a few steps closer to make sure?

Scroll to see replies

No one on here can see. It can be either or neither of those things. If you’re interested in him then talk to him and get back on good terms to see if he feels the same way. If you’re not, it doesn’t matter.
Reply 2
Original post by Crazy Jamie
No one on here can see. It can be either or neither of those things. If you’re interested in him then talk to him and get back on good terms to see if he feels the same way. If you’re not, it doesn’t matter.

True
Maybe you had mustard on your face. Who can say!
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
Maybe you had mustard on your face. Who can say!

Kind of pointless because he was far away, and what are the chances of that realistically? I don’t know why people write pointless responses
Original post by Anonymous
Kind of pointless because he was far away, and what are the chances of that realistically? I don’t know why people write pointless responses

To answer pointless questions of course!

As ultimately nobody on the internet who has no connection to either you or this other person and was not there to see or experience what happened can actually give any kind of information whatsoever, so the point of this question is really just because you're looking for some kind of confirmation of whatever your perspective on the matter is.

You could just save the time and skip to the inevitable outcome which is you deciding it was whatever you want it to be and acting according to that.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #1

If he was far away how do you know he was looking at you when he turned round?
Reply 7
Original post by Surnia
If he was far away how do you know he was looking at you when he turned round?

I was the only one there
Reply 8
To answer pointless questions of course!

As ultimately nobody on the internet who has no connection to either you or this other person and was not there to see or experience what happened can actually give any kind of information whatsoever, so the point of this question is really just because you're looking for some kind of confirmation of whatever your perspective on the matter is.

You could just save the time and skip to the inevitable outcome which is you deciding it was whatever you want it to be and acting according to that.

Projection at its finest. Go touch some grass, TSR isn’t that serious. Asking about personal experiences is what part of the site is for. Who cares if no one on the internet truly knows, I want to discuss it with unbiased people. Who are you to tell me otherwise? Most importantly, why do you care so much? You dont get to police what someone asks and deliberately try and instigate arguments by being passive aggressive. Go to therapy and sort your real life problems out instead of avoiding them and being chronically online.
Projection at its finest. Go touch some grass, TSR isn’t that serious. Asking about personal experiences is what part of the site is for. Who cares if no one on the internet truly knows, I want to discuss it with unbiased people. Who are you to tell me otherwise? Most importantly, why do you care so much? You dont get to police what someone asks and deliberately try and instigate arguments by being passive aggressive. Go to therapy and sort your real life problems out instead of avoiding them and being chronically online.

You're asking me why I post a "pointless" response, and then claiming that I'm being overly serious. Is my response pointless and irreverent, or one that is taking the question too seriously? You claim I am policing you question when you yourself are policing my answer! The cognitive dissonance is really something :laugh:
You're asking me why I post a "pointless" response, and then claiming that I'm being overly serious. Is my response pointless and irreverent, or one that is taking the question too seriously? You claim I am policing you question when you yourself are policing my answer! The cognitive dissonance is really something :laugh:

I never once said you’re being overly serious in your response. I’m saying you take this site too seriously to care this much about what people ask. I have every right to ask this question, no matter what you personally think about it. How about you be a bit more intelligent and scroll on like a normal person? Your father did not invent TSR, I doubt you’re getting a pay check, go find other things to care about.

Again, I have every right to comment on someone who chose to reply to my question in a passive aggressive manner. You know exactly what you were doing, so don’t try and gaslight others for calling you out.
I never once said you’re being overly serious in your response. I’m saying you take this site too seriously to care this much about what people ask. I have every right to ask this question, no matter what you personally think about it. How about you be a bit more intelligent and scroll on like a normal person? Your father did not invent TSR, I doubt you’re getting a pay check, go find other things to care about.

Again, I have every right to comment on someone who chose to reply to my question in a passive aggressive manner. You know exactly what you were doing, so don’t try and gaslight others for calling you out.

It's really no skin off my nose whether you agree with my comment or not - but your disagreeing with my post does not mean I am "gaslighting" you.

Perhaps you should follow your own advice since I think it's fairly evident you are the one taking this too seriously and demonstrably becoming actively aggressive.

If you can't handle people on the internet not telling you what you want to hear perhaps you aren't looking for such "unbiased" opinions?
Back on topic, I think glancing at people in this context is meaningless.
It's really no skin off my nose whether you agree with my comment or not - but your disagreeing with my post does not mean I am "gaslighting" you.

Perhaps you should follow your own advice since I think it's fairly evident you are the one taking this too seriously and demonstrably becoming actively aggressive.

If you can't handle people on the internet not telling you what you want to hear perhaps you aren't looking for such "unbiased" opinions?

Lol firstly your stance makes no sense because you never actually “disagreed”, in fact you didn’t really answer the question. Read your response again.

Secondly, the very first commenter actually said it wasn’t clear and suggested I should talk to him directly and I took in that advice. So again whatever you’re trying to project on to me doesn’t work in this case. Your gaslighting comes from intentionally making fun or trying to leave a pointless comment knowing that it doesn’t help the conversation at all, and then pretending the other person is annoyed with the fact that you “disagreed”.
Original post by Admit-One
Back on topic, I think glancing at people in this context is meaningless.

It wasn’t a glance… maybe that’s why I’m asking?
To clarify, I think stopping and looking is meaningless in this context.
I think it depends on how close the two of you used to be before. He might still find you attractive but I think that in this occasion he just wanted to make sure it was you because maybe he didn't see you in a while? If you're asking I'm guessing that you're hoping that it's the first thing, (him finding you attractive), which means that you could try to fix things. I'm making many assumptions here but don't dwell too much on it. It didn't mean much but it didn't mean nothing either, if he checked to see if it was you then it was probably for a reason (could be a good/bad one)
Original post by Admit-One
To clarify, I think stopping and looking is meaningless in this context.

Ok, ta
I think it depends on how close the two of you used to be before. He might still find you attractive but I think that in this occasion he just wanted to make sure it was you because maybe he didn't see you in a while? If you're asking I'm guessing that you're hoping that it's the first thing, (him finding you attractive), which means that you could try to fix things. I'm making many assumptions here but don't dwell too much on it. It didn't mean much but it didn't mean nothing either, if he checked to see if it was you then it was probably for a reason (could be a good/bad one)

Ehhh. I don’t think I cared at the present time of seeing him like that, but I do have a soft spot for him in general so when I reflected on it, I did start to care about his intention behind it. Yeah we’ve not seen each other in years so it makes sense to me why he would be unsure from a distance and walk a few steps further to have a better look of me. I was just surprised by his reaction, I didn’t expect him to react if he ever saw me simply because of how we left off.

I guess I’ll find out one day if I ever see him again in a public place, we do tend to see each other every few years at the most unexpected time and I tend to run away when I can to avoid him.
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous #1
I was the only one there

He could have been looking at anything, though.

You could have waved, gone and spoken with him, but no. So unless you ask him, you'll never know...
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending