The Student Room Group

If I switch courses after failing my third year, how much funding am I allowed

I am in my 3rd year of a Computer Games Design (BA Hons) course but have failed a module and will need to take another year to complete it, I am instead looking into changing courses as I feel my passion for creating games has faded.

How many years of my tuition fee will be paid if I switch to a BSc(Hons) course at the same university and will I still be eligible for a maintenance loan (and for how long if yes)?
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi there,

What is the full name of the course, what university will you attend and how many years would the course be? Would it be a full time undergraduate course and when would it start? To confirm you have had 3 years of funding so far?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 2
yes ive had 3 years of funding so far at teesside university, I would be switching to Biology BSc (Hons) (C100 BSc/BioS) also at Teesside university, the course would last 3 years.

also, would it be different if i were to finish my current course and start a second degree in biology rather than a switch (I am still debating between them)
Hi there,

This course is not classed as an exception course and we would take your previous study into consideration when assessing your application. You’re entitled to funding for the length of your course, plus 1 additional year, minus any years of previous study you have. Here’s the calculation we used: 3+1-3=1 year of funding left for the Tuition Fee Loan. This means you would need to pay for the Tuition Fee Loan in 1st and 2nd year but you can apply for the Maintenance Loan for all 3 years.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Is Chemical Engineering (BEng) an exception course?
Original post by AlfieCubiss
Is Chemical Engineering (BEng) an exception course?

A list of exception courses was posted yesterday on the following thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7457514
HI there,

No this is not an exception course.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending