The Student Room Group

Change of course - Will SFE pay for retaking my 2nd year on a different course?

Hello, I have an unusual situation going on:
I’m currently enrolled for my third year of a course I don’t enjoy, based on the modules for this last year(third), not even one of the modules seems pertinent to my degree or useful to a career I want to take, so I was looking at switching courses.
The problem is, after talking to the course leader for the new degree, he said they can accept me only if I retake my second year in the new course instead of starting from the third as I would in my current one.

Will student finance pay for an extra “second year” after I’ve already completed another one? Bare in mind, SFE funded my CERTHE, then I got into my BSc and completed 2 years. So in total, so far, I have had 3 years of student finance.
If I do switch to the new course, I will need 2 years to complete my degree.
I hope it’s clear enough.
Thank you for your help
Original post by NoemiB
Hello, I have an unusual situation going on:
I’m currently enrolled for my third year of a course I don’t enjoy, based on the modules for this last year(third), not even one of the modules seems pertinent to my degree or useful to a career I want to take, so I was looking at switching courses.
The problem is, after talking to the course leader for the new degree, he said they can accept me only if I retake my second year in the new course instead of starting from the third as I would in my current one.

Will student finance pay for an extra “second year” after I’ve already completed another one? Bare in mind, SFE funded my CERTHE, then I got into my BSc and completed 2 years. So in total, so far, I have had 3 years of student finance.
If I do switch to the new course, I will need 2 years to complete my degree.
I hope it’s clear enough.
Thank you for your help

Hi there, How many years is the new course? Just to confirm you are going to enter year 2 of the new course? Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, How many years is the new course? Just to confirm you are going to enter year 2 of the new course? Thanks, Angela

The new course would be just as a normal BSc course, so 3 year total. But I would enter into year 2 instead of starting from the beginning!

So if I were to switch now, I would be in second year right now, and next year it would be my last year.
Original post by NoemiB
The new course would be just as a normal BSc course, so 3 year total. But I would enter into year 2 instead of starting from the beginning!

So if I were to switch now, I would be in second year right now, and next year it would be my last year.

Thank you. And it's three years of previous study you've had since leaving further education, is that correct? Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending