The Student Room Group

Compelling personal reasons (2nd application)

Last year was my second attempt at an MSc. On the first attempt I experienced a decline in my mental health and so I had to withdraw from the university. On the second time, I experienced a mental breakdown and I was subsequently diagnosed with BPD/EUPD. I then took an intermission from my course and I am due to return to a different course in Jan 2024. However, when I applied for student finance again they sent me an automated email stating that I could not recieved a loan based on compelling reasons as I had already received a gift year for CPR. Is this really the case? Can I not recieve another gift year of funding as I was unable to complete my studies due to ill mental health.? I already received the CPR funding this year, and I would like to recieve a final loan for the academic year from Jan 2024, is this possible? FYI when reapplying for a postgraduate loan for 2024, I submitted proffesional evidence of my CPR alongside a personal statement.
Original post by Indiaeliza
Last year was my second attempt at an MSc. On the first attempt I experienced a decline in my mental health and so I had to withdraw from the university. On the second time, I experienced a mental breakdown and I was subsequently diagnosed with BPD/EUPD. I then took an intermission from my course and I am due to return to a different course in Jan 2024. However, when I applied for student finance again they sent me an automated email stating that I could not recieved a loan based on compelling reasons as I had already received a gift year for CPR. Is this really the case? Can I not recieve another gift year of funding as I was unable to complete my studies due to ill mental health.? I already received the CPR funding this year, and I would like to recieve a final loan for the academic year from Jan 2024, is this possible? FYI when reapplying for a postgraduate loan for 2024, I submitted proffesional evidence of my CPR alongside a personal statement.

Hi there,

CPR can only be used once per Postgraduate and Postgraduate Doctoral. If you have used this already then its correct it wouldn't be accepted again.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending