The Student Room Group

extenuating circumstances resit?

if i have etenuating circumanstances at uni and i pass a module can i still decide to retake it for a higher grade, as there is evidence my garade was affected by extenuating circumstances
Reply 1
Not the answer you want but it really depends - most of the time, no. But sometimes if the average is way lower than usual attainment even when passed, it might be allowed. Your School-level support team should be able to give you details.
No, if you have passed the module with a poor mark, then you are stuck with it. Would have been better to have raised the extenuating circumstances prior to submission and then you would have been allowed to take the paper in August
Original post by Anonymous
if i have etenuating circumanstances at uni and i pass a module can i still decide to retake it for a higher grade, as there is evidence my garade was affected by extenuating circumstances

Hi!
Most of the time, you won’t be able to if it’s still a pass. If you submitted an EC prior to receiving the grade, then maybe it would have been but your academic advisors may be able to help you see if you have any other options 🙂

Best of luck!

Estelle
Third Year Psychology
University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending