The Student Room Group

Buckingham vs queens belfast for medicine?

I am an international student from Canada and I am torn on where to go for med school. On one hand, i am not a fan of buckingham having no summer holiday and a condensed program as it makes the curriculum much more challenging, on the other hand, I dont know if theres an advantage of doing med school in northern ireland vs england since I want to come back to canada once i am done med school. Any advice is appreciated.
Original post by ria456846
I am an international student from Canada and I am torn on where to go for med school. On one hand, i am not a fan of buckingham having no summer holiday and a condensed program as it makes the curriculum much more challenging, on the other hand, I dont know if theres an advantage of doing med school in northern ireland vs england since I want to come back to canada once i am done med school. Any advice is appreciated.

Hey there, I’d say look at the teaching style, placement hospitals, faculty and the general facility at each med school before you make a decision. I would definitely go for QUB here I’ve heard lovely things about their med school. Doesn’t really matter for medicine but their med school is ranked quite highly so I think that would be an advantage I guess ? It’s just a personal opinion though. I would suggest talking to students at both unis and seeing what is a better fit for you personally, hope this helps !
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending