The Student Room Group

Is it okay if I get one bad grade in my gcse if i want to go to Kings for medicine?

Hi! So currently I do 10 subjects at gcse and I’m confident I’ll be able to get 9s in eight of them. I’m getting a 7 in Spanish though I’m sure I might be able to get it up to an 8 or maybe 9.
But arts a big problem. My teachers really biased against me and my parents are trying to contact my school but I doubt they will do anything. She’s giving me a 5, predicted 6 right now. Will it significantly hinder my chances at getting in if I do get a 6 in art? Also I’ve heard unis only look at your top 8 grades but all my friends are saying they consider the rest too…which one is true?
Original post by Studentanomaly
Hi! So currently I do 10 subjects at gcse and I’m confident I’ll be able to get 9s in eight of them. I’m getting a 7 in Spanish though I’m sure I might be able to get it up to an 8 or maybe 9.
But arts a big problem. My teachers really biased against me and my parents are trying to contact my school but I doubt they will do anything. She’s giving me a 5, predicted 6 right now. Will it significantly hinder my chances at getting in if I do get a 6 in art? Also I’ve heard unis only look at your top 8 grades but all my friends are saying they consider the rest too…which one is true?

I think you'll be fine. Art isn't a core subject so isn't as important to do well in.
Reply 2
Original post by Studentanomaly

Kings look at 8 GCSEs and a 5 in art will make no odds

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending