The Student Room Group

Extra funding

Hi, I'm aware that for funding it's length of course +1year. A couple years back I studied at uni and dropped out after a couple months. Now I'm back studying a degree with a foundation year included so 4 years. However, I'm not particularly fond of this uni and plan on completing my foundation year but was wondering if I were to switch to a different uni next year and then start from year one would I then be only eligible for 2 years funding? Would compelling reasons for extra finance still be valid even if I'd completed my foundation year and hadn't dropped out?
Original post by AE1106
Hi, I'm aware that for funding it's length of course +1year. A couple years back I studied at uni and dropped out after a couple months. Now I'm back studying a degree with a foundation year included so 4 years. However, I'm not particularly fond of this uni and plan on completing my foundation year but was wondering if I were to switch to a different uni next year and then start from year one would I then be only eligible for 2 years funding? Would compelling reasons for extra finance still be valid even if I'd completed my foundation year and hadn't dropped out?

Hi AE1106,

You will then have 2 years previous study, therefore if you start another new course from the beginning, you will need to self fund the Tuition Fees for that year. The only exception to this would be if you had Compelling Personal reasons as to why you couldn't complete either or both of those years. You would need to provide a cover letter explaining what happened, as well as a 3rd party professional letter that confirms what happened, when this happened and how this directly impacted your studies.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending