The Student Room Group

Was that French woman ignoring me or is it her earphones?

I am a 23 year old guy living in Bangalore in India who never had a girlfriend. I know this is an UK based site but i post here for advice as reddit is toxic and we cant give detailed posts in quora. So 2 days ago, I met this French woman near the classes where i go. I graduated with a bachelor's degree in Electronics engineering 8 months ago and now I am a soon to be an MBA student and go for some classes. As i live in Bangalore which is a big metropolitan city and the IT hub of India, I see foreigners. I had a brief conversation with her 2 days ago but couldnt ask her name or number. I am 23 and she is also definitely in the 22-26 age range as she goes to the University nearby which is mainly for MBA or other masters degree so is most definitely a masters student and I guess she is also a foreign exchange student. We also told each other it was nice to meet you and I was respectful and she was friendly too but I was fumbling while talking with her due to nervousness.

I thought today I would again talk to her and get to know her more and i saw her again today but she was wearing earphones in ears and walking today and hearing music. I still told her hello but she didn't even look at me and walked away. Of course i didnt follow her and try to talk to her again as it would have been creepy so I walked away too towards my institute. Idk whether its because of the earphones that she didn't notice me or couldn't hear my hello or she intentionally ignored me. I am really upset as I want to get to know her more. Should I again try talking with her on Monday if she is without earphones or its over already and i would never be able to get to know her? I am a decent and well educated guy with a decent height of 5'9 or 5'9.5(174-176 cm). I have a crush who is an Indian too in the classes where I go but I would really like to get to know this French woman and start with being her friend first and maybe then one day a date with her. We are basically still strangers but our paths will cross almost daily as her University is close to the institute where I go for classes.
Leave this woman alone. If she wanted to re-initiate contact, she'd have approached you. Pestering her won't make her like you
If she had headphones on and didn't look at you... then odds are she wasn't aware. No reason not to say hello next time.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
Leave this woman alone. If she wanted to re-initiate contact, she'd have approached you. Pestering her won't make her like you

Why not approach her next time if she isn't having earphones? We are basically still strangers so obviously she won't approach me yet. We just had a very brief conversation 2 days ago. I am just trying to be her friend first. Our paths will cross pretty much daily as her University is close enough to my classes. Plus men do most of the approaching. I look nerdy in my glasses so I am not that attractive and I am an Indian guy who is well educated with a decent height. When white men date foreigners and even go to other countries for dating, no one minds it but if an Indian guy wants to date a foreigner, people starts shaming him.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Original post by Hero22
Why not approach her next time if she isn't having earphones? We are basically still strangers so obviously she won't approach me yet. We just had a very brief conversation 2 days ago. I am just trying to be her friend first. Our paths will cross pretty much daily as her University is close enough to my classes. Plus men do most of the approaching. I look nerdy in my glasses so I am not that attractive and I am an Indian guy who is well educated with a decent height. When white men date foreigners and even go to other countries for dating, no one minds it but if an Indian guy wants to date a foreigner, people starts shaming him.

Pretty sure they're just trying to get a reaction out of you, the pressed the 'anon' button for a reason.
Reply 5
"Idk whether its because of the earphones that she didn't notice me or couldn't hear my hello or she intentionally ignored me. I am really upset as I want to get to know her more."

If something as minor as that gets you 'really upset' how would you cope with more serious setbacks in a relationship?
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia
"Idk whether its because of the earphones that she didn't notice me or couldn't hear my hello or she intentionally ignored me. I am really upset as I want to get to know her more."
If something as minor as that gets you 'really upset' how would you cope with more serious setbacks in a relationship?

Sorry actually this another girl whom I have known for 8 months and chatting pretty much daily for 8 months is suddenly not replying to my texts on Instagram or not even seeing them for the past 5 days and I am really upset because of it. I thought maybe talking with that French woman would make my mood slightly better but after even she also didn't notice me due to her earphones, I became even more upset.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending