The Student Room Group

GCSEs good enough for oxford med?

I have been encouraged by my teachers to apply to oxbridge and I myself would very much like to apply as I believe I have the work ethic and stamina to work in such an environment. If I achieved a very high UCAT grade, combined with my GCSE grades (9998887753) 3 -in french- And I believe I have performed well above average in the context of my school. Have I got a chance at being shortlisted for an interview? I was very heart set on applying to cambridge but I only take 2 STEM subjects. I want to push myself and atleast apply to oxbridge. Do I have a chance at being shortlisted? Thanks
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by evemcelr12
I have been encouraged by my teachers to apply to oxbridge and I myself would very much like to apply as I believe I have the work ethic and stamina to work in such an environment. If I achieved a very high UCAT grade, combined with my GCSE grades (9998887753) 3 -in french- And I believe I have performed well above average in the context of my school. Have I got a chance at being shortlisted for an interview? I was very heart set on applying to cambridge but I only take 2 STEM subjects. I want to push myself and atleast apply to oxbridge. Do I have a chance at being shortlisted? Thanks
Have you considered retaking GCSE French on the Higher Tier paper? You might surprise yourself with a 7 or above perhaps?
Original post by thegeek888
Have you considered retaking GCSE French on the Higher Tier paper? You might surprise yourself with a 7 or above perhaps?

It would be hard to retake french months after the exam i would say if you’re eligible for a contextual offer then don’t both if not i would retake the subject you got a 5 in, they’ll see the 3 as a fluke. One of my friends applied with 9999999883 (no contextual offer, great school, affluent area) and they ignored her 3 in art
Original post by Anonymous #1
It would be hard to retake french months after the exam i would say if you’re eligible for a contextual offer then don’t both if not i would retake the subject you got a 5 in, they’ll see the 3 as a fluke. One of my friends applied with 9999999883 (no contextual offer, great school, affluent area) and they ignored her 3 in art

thanks for your reply 🙂 I think that oxford rather than viewing your GCSEs as a whole, just count the A*s you have, (8/9), and its too much money for me to retake computer science, also too much time hahahah especially if i want to get a good grade, and all that for an 8% success rate...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending