The Student Room Group

Want to become a barrister, gdl/law conversion help

Hi!
Seeing if anyone can shed any light on this as I'm going around in circles!
I'm currently in my final year undergrad at Oxford (non-law) and predicted 2:1/1st.
I want to do a post-grad law conversion, I applied for the senior status law at Oxford (2 yr course) but didn't get in- not too upset about it as I'd rather do the conversion in a year as I'll also have to do the BPC for becoming a barrister.
Currently looking at Uni of Law and BPP, anyone have advice on which is better for barrister/gaining pupillage?
Or any other unis people can recommend that offer the PGDL?

Thanks in advance!
P
Original post by phoestudies
Hi!
Seeing if anyone can shed any light on this as I'm going around in circles!
I'm currently in my final year undergrad at Oxford (non-law) and predicted 2:1/1st.
I want to do a post-grad law conversion, I applied for the senior status law at Oxford (2 yr course) but didn't get in- not too upset about it as I'd rather do the conversion in a year as I'll also have to do the BPC for becoming a barrister.
Currently looking at Uni of Law and BPP, anyone have advice on which is better for barrister/gaining pupillage?
Or any other unis people can recommend that offer the PGDL?

Thanks in advance!
P

Hi @phoestudies,

I chose Ulaw for my conversion because I had heard that they offered good support, had strong alumni connections and they also offered a discount on your BPC if you did the conversion with them. Fortunately, all of the things I had heard were right and I thoroughly enjoyed my conversion (bar some unavoidable stress) and have, therefore, continued with ULaw to do my BPC. I would say, if you are unsure of where you want to study then the best thing is to go to some open evenings or online events to get a feel for each of them for yourself 🙂

I hope this helps and good luck!

Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending