The Student Room Group

Anyone going to Manchester Optom 2024

Heyyy guys,

Just got my offer back from Manchester (AAB). was wondering if anyone else is planning to firm Manchester since im still choosing between them and Cardiff lolll (ABB w/ EPQ). What do you guys recommend?
Hi I'm thinking of firming manchester simply because it is ranked higher than cardiff for optometry and also i heard housing is much cheaper there! also there is an eye hospital rlly close by and I think optometry students often go there for placements and i think (?) it's easier to be accepted since they're already familiar with the uni
Oh really thats so interesting! Yeah I'm leaning towards Manchester too it's just Cardiff's grades are slightly lower due to eps. Were you offered the same for Manchester and Cardiff?
Yup unfortunately bc I don't do EPQ so I just had to choose which one I liked best :smile:
ohhh I see, fair enough. I think im planning to attend both their offer holder days and choose from there lol. Do you know when Manchester's offer holder day is since I haven't received an email about once yet loll
sorry I have no idea !! i havent got an email either
ahh okay thats fine!!
Original post by joannekath05
Heyyy guys,
Just got my offer back from Manchester (AAB). was wondering if anyone else is planning to firm Manchester since im still choosing between them and Cardiff lolll (ABB w/ EPQ). What do you guys recommend?

hey I'm def firming Manchester because its got a really good nightlife and the people are so friendly there! Idk whether to insure cardiff optom or newcastle MPharm?!
Heyyy guys,

Hii, i got the same offers as you for Uni of Man and Cardiff! I've firmed man and my insurance is cardiff.
Heyyy guys,

struggling to choose between Manchester or City for my firm choice. I live in London so the biggest issue with Manchester is moving out, idk if would want too…

Quick Reply

Latest