The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Accomodation

Scroll to see replies

whats glasgows policy of having people stay over ???
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
LouisVuitton43
whats glasgows policy of having people stay over ???

No one will notice, at least, not at Murano. I had people stay over all the time (at Hallowe'en I had three other people sleeping in my room) and no one ever batted an eyelid. My other flatmate's boyfriend basically lived with us for days at a time. So it's fine :smile:
missimpossible
No one will notice, at least, not at Murano. I had people stay over all the time (at Hallowe'en I had three other people sleeping in my room) and no one ever batted an eyelid. My other flatmate's boyfriend basically lived with us for days at a time. So it's fine :smile:

what about at the likes of QM or cairncross.... is it not alowed like?:s-smilie:
Reply 383
LouisVuitton43
what about at the likes of QM or cairncross.... is it not alowed like?:s-smilie:

Technically you're meant to tell someone about guests for fire regulations and stuff like that, but realistically no one is ever going to notice.
When's it time to move in, does anybody know that yet?
EffigyWellington
When's it time to move in, does anybody know that yet?

It's usually the last friday before fresher's week
TShadow383
It's usually the last friday before fresher's week

Right-o, and when's that, averagely? :smile:
This year the academic year started on Sept 14th for most. Vet med, medicine, nursing and education are slightly different. This year's session dates can be found online, and they usually don't change too drastically.
This year it was the 11th of September :smile:
Reply 389
Currently looking at applying for QM halls as first choice but wondering in general how safe is the stuff you leave in your rooms at the halls. I'm thinking in particular computer wise. I currently don't have a laptop so i would bring my desktop. Whenever i mention i was thinking that people go ooh wont it get stolen.

Advice?
hi looking for some help with accomodation!
i am going to vet school at glasgow in september but i can't decide where i wanna go!
i am torn between wolfson and QM
i think wolfson would be good cause i'd be with other vets and close to the vet school, but i think it's a bit too far away from the city center and the foods meant to be rubbish which is not good cause i am picky eater anyways, AND it's expensive!
QM looks good cause it's new and en-suit and inbetween the vet school and city center but it's meant to be quite quiet and full of rich kids (no offence if your there) cause it's one of the more expernsive ones :s-smilie:
is what i've heard true? any suggestions? thanks
Well, a desktop is harder to steal than a laptop. As long as you keep your windows and door locked when you are not in your room (even if only popping to the kitchen or bathroom) then you should be fine. Also make sure you have insurance anyway.
Is theft common in the student accomodations? Surely, with a locked door and closed window you should be relatively safe?
EffigyWellington
Is theft common in the student accomodations? Surely, with a locked door and closed window you should be relatively safe?

You'll be fine as long as you keep doors and windows locked. My friend left her window open and went to another flat in Murano Street and came back and her laptop and all that goes with it was gone.
dreamyeyed
You'll be fine as long as you keep doors and windows locked. My friend left her window open and went to another flat in Murano Street and came back and her laptop and all that goes with it was gone.

Also only really an issue if you live on the ground floor :biggrin:
If someone manages to climb up the sheer side of the building to the fourth floor in pursuit of my laptop - I figure they probably need it more than I do :p:
TShadow383
Also only really an issue if you live on the ground floor :biggrin:
If someone manages to climb up the sheer side of the building to the fourth floor in pursuit of my laptop - I figure they probably need it more than I do :p:

Good point!
suzy was taken already
hi looking for some help with accomodation!
i am going to vet school at glasgow in september but i can't decide where i wanna go!
i am torn between wolfson and QM
i think wolfson would be good cause i'd be with other vets and close to the vet school, but i think it's a bit too far away from the city center and the foods meant to be rubbish which is not good cause i am picky eater anyways, AND it's expensive!
QM looks good cause it's new and en-suit and inbetween the vet school and city center but it's meant to be quite quiet and full of rich kids (no offence if your there) cause it's one of the more expernsive ones :s-smilie:
is what i've heard true? any suggestions? thanks

hi im in the same boat.
also bit worried coz iv got a conditional firm offer and unconditional firms get 1st priority.
want wolfson or qmc

Does any1 know how easy it is to get places in these accomodations if ur a conditional firm acceptance?????
Cap'n Ruby
hi im in the same boat.
also bit worried coz iv got a conditional firm offer and unconditional firms get 1st priority.
want wolfson or qmc

Does any1 know how easy it is to get places in these accomodations if ur a conditional firm acceptance?????

You probably won't have a chance at Queen Margaret, to be honest. I applied first choice to there in April last year and they were full. I got put in my fourth choice (Murano, but then changed to MacLay...long story).
dreamyeyed
You probably won't have a chance at Queen Margaret, to be honest. I applied first choice to there in April last year and they were full. I got put in my fourth choice (Murano, but then changed to MacLay...long story).

What about wolfson? is it pretty popular too?
Reply 399
I doubt wolfson will be that popular. People really aren't joking when they say it's miles from the campus and city centre. It's also expensive, I'd rather spend the extra money on my own food, tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending