The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Some large flats in Murano have 4 showers whereas others have 2 showers and a bath. I was in the latter and I only had to wait for a shower once and it was only for a few minutes.

Small flats have 2 showers between 4 or 5 people. There isn't a cleaner in small flats though so large flat showers tend to be cleaner!
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
YESSSSS! Murano Street, here I come :biggrin:

One question, it just says "single, standard" on my application. Should I know if I got a small flat or a big one? Not that I mind much either way, I'm just soooo glad I got in!
missimpossible
YESSSSS! Murano Street, here I come :biggrin:

One question, it just says "single, standard" on my application. Should I know if I got a small flat or a big one? Not that I mind much either way, I'm just soooo glad I got in!

Just got the email too. When I followed the link to the webpage, above where it said Single Standard It said Murano Street Large Flats, maybe if it just said Murano Street that means you got the smaller flats.

Can't wait. Freshers week (my second freshers) will be awesome.
Sitting on a conditional, hoping so much for a 10 person flat! People I know are snapping them all up :tongue:
Reply 124
Just firmed my accommodation offer! murano small flats here i come...anyone else going for murano as their first choice?
I got Murano too! I *think* it is a small flat...it just says Murano Street.
dreamyeyed
I got Murano too! I *think* it is a small flat...it just says Murano Street.

Seems to be if it doesn't say large flats then... it's a small flat.
What you going to be studying?
missimpossible
Seems to be if it doesn't say large flats then... it's a small flat.
What you going to be studying?

Oh right! Cool! Don't really want to be in a big flat!

Studying Business and Management.
Reply 128
Just confirmed by accomodation offer! I'm going to Murano Street. Should be fun.

I hope.
is there any way to change my application> and put QM as my first choice...cause now i kinda regret i put murano xD

and my parents are like "brooooom you should have picked QM!!! who knows what kind of room mates u'll end up with"

>.<
Michi-chan
is there any way to change my application> and put QM as my first choice...cause now i kinda regret i put murano xD

and my parents are like "brooooom you should have picked QM!!! who knows what kind of room mates u'll end up with"

>.<

You don't have roommates in Murano (or QM) as the rooms are single. You will have flatmates though, but that is the same in both QM and Murano.

If you still wanted to change then probably phoning the accommodation office is the best option.
yeah, i meant flatmates... but when I told my parents that in Murano its somewhat less expensive they brought home the World war 3 :woo:

nevertheless I e-mailed them and I'm now waaaiting for an answer. Don't wanna call them cause my p. will know and I want to work things out without another commotion in case there can be no change :yep:

but in the end....i think that Murano is better /= buuut....its their call xD

edit: got the answer - wow...they said its ok and changed my choices...so helpful :>
dreamyeyed
Oh right! Cool! Don't really want to be in a big flat!

Studying Business and Management.

Yeah me either :smile: think I'm probably happier with that overall than QM, might have been a bit quiet for me.
I'm studying Law, possibly with Spanish :smile:

david78
Just confirmed by accomodation offer! I'm going to Murano Street. Should be fun.

I hope.

It will be :biggrin:
Reply 133
Hi, im new here, basically i was just wondering if i could get some help on what accommodation to apply for...Im hopefully going to be studying Aeronautical Engineering...

thanks in advance
Reply 134
Got an offer for Murano Street Small Flats... I was hoping for QM, I guess I should've been quicker.
mtoo
Got an offer for Murano Street Small Flats... I was hoping for QM, I guess I should've been quicker.

Me too, but I'm sure Murano will be a good laugh anyhow :smile:
I'm in the small flats too :biggrin:
I'm thinking that it's probably only Murano left by this stage.
Murno street is awful! My school brought us on a trip and we had to stay there and it was like a prison. I didn't even put it in my 5 choices. QM is what I am hoping for... :smile:
Reply 138
KirstyLikeYeah
Murno street is awful! My school brought us on a trip and we had to stay there and it was like a prison. I didn't even put it in my 5 choices. QM is what I am hoping for... :smile:

Murano street is really not that bad. Hell I'm in Grampian, the Ghetto as it is affectionately called. So not to worry everyone for Murano, it's what you make of it.
So is accommodation given out on a 'First Come, First Served' basis?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending