The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
hello there, I'm Angelo from Italy and I need to know which is the best accomodation regardin social life... im a postgrad student in Aero. Engineering.... Winton Drive or Kelvinlaugh Street? i will consider even Mclay wnsuite rooms if the social is better there :smile:
thanks in advance guys :biggrin:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Hi there. I got a confirmation email today that I have been accepted, but no mention of accommodation. I applied for it months ago now, and some people appparently have been allotted their rooms. How will I find out if I have as well?
Original post by IlluminatedRain
Hi there. I got a confirmation email today that I have been accepted, but no mention of accommodation. I applied for it months ago now, and some people appparently have been allotted their rooms. How will I find out if I have as well?

As far as I know no one has been allocated rooms for the student accommodation, perhaps for the private market. We get our rooms when we arrive.
Original post by TheFOMaster
As far as I know no one has been allocated rooms for the student accommodation, perhaps for the private market. We get our rooms when we arrive.

Really? Lets hope so, then.

That's what has me worried. I have accepted the offer of accommodation and payed the deposit but have had no real information on procedures for actually moving in :/
Original post by Teddy Mcbiggles
That's what has me worried. I have accepted the offer of accommodation and payed the deposit but have had no real information on procedures for actually moving in :/

Don't worry, we'll likely get more information nearer the time, but I believe it is: On the 13th of September, we move into our accommodation, we're given our keys onsite (?) and we must arrive on that date after 4pm, unless you notify residential services that you won't arrive on the day. Rooms will be allocated with the keys :smile:
Urgh, I guess I'll have to take refuge in the library whenever I wanna do Maths... :tongue: We can't let those rumours be false though can we ;D

Are you staying in Murano too? :smile:
Original post by Smithypops
Are you staying in Murano too? :smile:

Yep! Buzzin' to move out :biggrin: You large or small flats?
Arrg, I got offered Wolfson Hall. I didn't apply for it, and it's the least one I want. It's catered, expensive and too far away from my classes. Just my luck.
Original post by IlluminatedRain
Arrg, I got offered Wolfson Hall. I didn't apply for it, and it's the least one I want. It's catered, expensive and too far away from my classes. Just my luck.

Ask to change before you accept? Say that it wouldn't be possible for you to afford the rent or something and its highly inconvenient. Murano should have space left I think :smile:
Reply 1790
Original post by Emmybubz
Hi, do you know the difference between the classic and premium ensuites at firhill court please? Their website doesn't give much information.. :smile:

Hey, I'm going to be viewing a classic and premium room at firhill on the 25th of this month so if you haven't already found out I can post on here what the differences are :smile:.
Reply 1791
I've already gone ahead and booked with them, I'm too far away to consider viewing myself. But I would still appreciate knowing how big the difference is!! Thanks :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't worry, we'll likely get more information nearer the time, but I believe it is: On the 13th of September, we move into our accommodation, we're given our keys onsite (?) and we must arrive on that date after 4pm, unless you notify residential services that you won't arrive on the day. Rooms will be allocated with the keys :smile:

How do you know about the time being 4 pm? :smile: I looked forever and and didn't find any time indicated anywhere..
But your probably right: we will get further information.
I am just a little nervous about this since I am going to move from Berlin to Glasgow that day.. So exited!!
Original post by mrsdraper
How do you know about the time being 4 pm? :smile: I looked forever and and didn't find any time indicated anywhere..
But your probably right: we will get further information.
I am just a little nervous about this since I am going to move from Berlin to Glasgow that day.. So exited!!

It says on our contract does it not? We also need to leave by 10am on June 13th... I'll double check later! Enjoy the trek though, Berlin to Glasgow... a little different environment!
It says on our contract does it not? We also need to leave by 10am on June 13th... I'll double check later! Enjoy the trek though, Berlin to Glasgow... a little different environment!

Well in mine it doesn't .... it only says when to leave :biggrin:
But they will inform me sooner of later I guess!
Maybe it is different for every hall...(?!)

Thank you! See you in autumn :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1795
Anybody have a clue if the Maclay Residences are good? Thats where I'm moving!
Yep! Buzzin' to move out :biggrin: You large or small flats?

Me too! Roll on September, eh? Large flats! What about you? :smile:
Original post by Smithypops
Me too! Roll on September, eh? Large flats! What about you? :smile:

Large flats! :biggrin: Do you have any idea about what utilities are provided in our flat and all that? I'd love to have an idea on how much money I'll have to sink in :lol:
Large flats! :biggrin: Do you have any idea about what utilities are provided in our flat and all that? I'd love to have an idea on how much money I'll have to sink in :lol:

I have no idea! I now wish I'd had a better look through the cupboards and stuff! Lol! I need to start thinking about all of that! I haven't even started!! :tongue:
Reply 1799
Anyone else going to be staying in Unite Kelvin Court? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending