The Student Room Group

Iranian official says "Britain and US funded terror group"

A senior Iranian judiciary official says British and US forces were involved in the abduction of 16 police officers by Jundullah militants.

Abdolmalek Rigi's terrorist ring (Jundullah) did not carry out the abduction and murder of 16 Iranian police officers alone. We have obtained information, which shows that British forces helped them by providing critical intelligence," First Deputy Judiciary Chief Ebrahim Raisi said on Saturday.

"According to the available information the Americans also gave some assistance to the group," he added.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=78347&sectionid=351020101

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1046171.html

Believe it? And discuss, I suppose :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You're quoting PressTV? What kind of comments do you expect? Roll on :rolleyes:
Reply 2
I don't believe it. We'd never risk doing such a thing.
Reply 3
Democracy
You're quoting PressTV? What kind of comments do you expect? Roll on :rolleyes:

I read a lot of news agencies to get a wider perspective. I read it off of Haaretz first, then I was checking around and found it on PressTV, quoted it out of convenience.
Reply 4
it is possible, but I doubt they have much motive for a few police officers, rather small fry don't you think?
Reply 5
Fair enough, though quoting PressTV on the Iranian Govt is sort of bad form, it's like asking the BNP for an unbiased view of ethnic minorities :p:
erm..ok. i don't really have any comments since they are both israli sources - may not be entirely factual and they are bound to be slightly bias towards Isreal.
Reply 7
SpiritedAway
erm..ok. i don't really have any comments since they are both israli sources - may not be entirely factual and they are bound to be slightly bias towards Isreal.

What the **** are you on? :wtf?:
Reply 8
SpiritedAway

One of them is Iranian and the other Israeli.
Reply 9
I'd believe it, definitely. That kinda thing happens all the time... open your eyes guys. Don't worry, I'm not a conspiracy buff. However, I do know that, for example, the US funded Al-Qaeda during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, etc., etc.

Having said that, terrorism is relative and a very subjective term - Britain and US fund their own militaries, which by definition can be considered as terrorist groups.

Edit: discussing the general topic, didn't really look at the articles in any detail, or the validity of the specific information given.
Reply 10
Democracy
Fair enough, though quoting PressTV on the Iranian Govt is sort of bad form, it's like asking the BNP for an unbiased view of ethnic minorities :p:

Good thing I only quoted what I needed (which is what the Iranian official said) :p:
Democracy
What the **** are you on? :wtf?:

One of them is Iranian and the other Israeli

ah, sorry, i thought they were both Israeli. :o:
yodude888
I'd believe it, definitely. That kinda thing happens all the time... open your eyes guys. Don't worry, I'm not a conspiracy buff. However, I do know that, for example, the US funded Al-Qaeda during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, etc., etc.

Having said that, terrorism is relative and a very subjective term - Britain and US fund their own militaries, which by definition can be considered as terrorist groups.

I really doubt that.
yodude888

No they can't. Terror is often a consequence of military action but never an objective.
Reply 14
yodude888

Yeah, but this is different because the actions of the Mujahadeen were regarded as against the Soviets, you can't imply that (directly) that because the US funded the Mujahdeen in the Soviet war that they knew they would target New York, years and years later. Unlike the said Iranian claim which would mean the US and UK knew full-well what they were funding.
J-E-N-O-V-A
No they can't. Terror is often a consequence of military action but never an objective.

I agree to a certain extent, and whilst creating terror may not be their primary desire, their actions do cause terror, and I do believe that they also play on those fears in order to impose authority and control.

It very much depends on how you define terrorism... the definition is very much dependent on your perspective. When I wrote, "which by definition can be considered as terrorist groups" - read as "which by definition could be considered as terrorist groups"

On a personal level, I don't want to give a firm opinion on the subject: I have friends in the military who have suffered for a good cause, and also have friends who have suffered as civilians in war - it hurts everyone. That's why I couldn't justifiably take either side. The above post is disassociated with my views, in order to create debate.

EDIT: In reply to Folderol: I didn't say that the USA somehow predicted that Al-Qaeda would attack them... thats ridiculous. I agree that I may have used a poor example.
Reply 16
yodude888
In reply to Folderol: I didn't say that the USA somehow predicted that Al-Qaeda would attack them... thats ridiculous. I agree that I may have used a poor example.

That's what my distinction on the two is based on. If I give my local Church money for charity and they turn around and start killing people, I can't be held responsible. But if I give a man with a poster "Will kill innocents for money" and you do so, you do have some responsibility.
Reply 17
this reminds me of mugabe saying we planted cholera in zimbabwe so we could invade :rofl2:
Reply 18
Britain and US funded terror groups, that I believe.

Britain and US funded the abduction of 16 police officers just doesn't wash with me. I find it astonishing how many countries like to blame things on the UK, mugabe is very funny sometimes with the claims he makes, shame to see a people with a history and culture like the Iranians doing the same though.
Reply 19
Neville 'Facking' Bartos
Dont be surprised the USA and UK aint exactly saints when it comes to foreign policy, the USA have been funding and supporting anti-Iranian terrorist groups namely Jundallah and MKO, and PJAK to a lesser extent.... reported by Seymour Hersh http://irancoverage.com/2008/07/08/seymour-hersh-us-training-jundullah-and-mek-for-bombing-preparation/

"operation cyclone" is the biggie.

along with all the US proxy wars (Israel next?)

Latest

Trending

Trending