The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

the fact that there's even discussion about this is almost disgusting. i can't take america seriously.

(a nice upbeat post for christmas day!)
Reply 21
its just a name
BJack
A Gallup poll in 2007 found that 94% of Americans would vote for an otherwise well-qualified black candidate. Another revealed only 62% would be willing to vote for a Muslim.

80% of statistics are wrong aswell

move on and learn to read :biggrin:

:goaway:
Reply 23
Amanda
I don't think he used to be, then again I don't really know (or care).

I'm assuming he has that name because his father is from a Muslim African country. Then everyone just assumes he's a Muslim. :rolleyes:

I don't care much either -shrugs-
http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/06/14/1887
Mmm...
anna_spanner89
80% of statistics are wrong aswell

:goaway:

Exactly... I think Obama would have won REGARDLESS!!

But why are we even talking about this?
Reply 25
Actually, the fact that he was born a Muslim, still essentially makes him so. The fact that he chooses to follow Christianity doesnt really change that. I dont think Americans are given as much credit for intelligence as they should be. If they were so severely prejudiced, they wouldn't vote for a man who is a Muslim by birth, not after making Bush pres for so long.
Reply 26
anna_spanner89

Quoi? :s-smilie:
Chocfreak
Actually, the fact that he was born a Muslim, still essentially makes him so. The fact that he chooses to follow Christianity doesnt really change that. I dont think Americans are given as much credit for intelligence as they should be. If they were so severely prejudiced, they wouldn't vote for a man who is a Muslim by birth, not after making Bush pres for so long.

He wasn't born into a muslim family. He is not muslim nor has he ever been.
Reply 28
Chocfreak
Actually, the fact that he was born a Muslim, still essentially makes him so.

No it doesn't.
Dirac Delta Function
He wasn't born into a muslim family. He is not muslim nor has he ever been.

At least there is the connection through his father, hence the name Hussein.
Reply 30
BJack
A Gallup poll in 2007 found that 94% of Americans would consider voting for an otherwise well-qualified black candidate. Another revealed only 62% would be willing to vote for a Muslim.

if i'm being perfectly honest, and i'm not racist, i will never EVER vote for a muslim Prime Minister...and i'm pretty certain a large majority wouldn't either.
Reply 31
personally I just don't get it; so what if he might have had ancestors that were Muslim; doesn't mean he is or were! I mean get over it. A name is a name; possibly passed down generations. Ever heard of mixed race of races and religions between familes changing?!?? Gosh just cos someone is a muslim doesn't mean their brother or son has to be etc....get over it...
Reply 32
Pocket Calculator
the fact that there's even discussion about this is almost disgusting. i can't take america seriously.

THIS!!!
well what else is he meant to use, its his damn name, people elected him with that name, why should he change it now ?
Malsi101
personally I just don't get it; so what if he might have had ancestors that were Muslim; doesn't mean he is or were! I mean get over it. A name is a name; possibly passed down generations. Ever heard of mixed race of races and religions between familes changing?!?? Gosh just cos someone is a muslim doesn't mean their brother or son has to be etc....get over it...

So what if he is? Is there anything wrong?
Mr Roboto
THIS!!!

I think Pink/Magenta is Sexy :hubba:
Reply 36
Snookercraze
So what if he is? Is there anything wrong?

No....but he isn't...and I just think people should get over the whole ''OMG OBAMA IS MUSLIM, LOOK AT THAT NAME, I WOULD NEVER VOTE FOR HIM''. I mean a name is a name like I said just because he might have had relatives and connections that were Muslim does NOT mean he is...
Reply 37
Didn't people know his name before he was elected?
Malsi101
No....but he isn't...and I just think people should get over the whole ''OMG OBAMA IS MUSLIM, LOOK AT THAT NAME, I WOULD NEVER VOTE FOR HIM''. I mean a name is a name like I said just because he might have had relatives and connections that were Muslim does NOT mean he is...

Well your previous post implied that.
Reply 39
Malsi101

YES, it does. Being a Muslim by birth myself, I can assure you of that. I havent said that Obama is a practising Muslim, he is a Christian in that sense. I could go on abt this, citing Islamic verses if I have to, but I will not get into it now, cos I have to study.

Latest

Trending

Trending