The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Law with European Legal Studies

So I have an offer for Law at KCL and plan on making it my firm. One of the things that really interested me about KCL over my other top choices was the option to do the Law with European Legal Studies. Can anyone (maybe a current student?) tell me more about this? I know we don't apply until our first year, but I was mostly wondering how competitive the application process is, and what in particular they are looking for that would make me a stronger candidate.

I would definitely be doing one of the locations where teaching is in English, but I was thinking about starting to learn the language of my first choice country over the summer while I have nothing else to focus on. Would this help at all with my app?

Thanks for your help!
Well you certainly have time, even once you get into KCL.
But bear in mind, it is an extra year and you only get a diploma and not a degree.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Lord Hysteria
Well you certainly have time, even once you get into KCL.
But bear in mind, it is an extra year and you only get a diploma and not a degree.

Wait, as in you only get a diploma for all 4 years of study? Don't you get a diploma for the one year abroad, plus the degree for the three years in London? Or did I misunderstand it?

And, thanks for your reply :biggrin:
Reply 3
^ You'll obtain a degree from the three years in London - I'm pretty damned sure!
AlysonJ220
Wait, as in you only get a diploma for all 4 years of study? Don't you get a diploma for the one year abroad, plus the degree for the three years in London? Or did I misunderstand it?

And, thanks for your reply :biggrin:

Yes you get a LLB degree, but the year abroad only gives you an extra diploma. Unlike other course, where they get 2 degrees.

Latest