The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
JocastaJackal
Medicine, or Neuroscience.

O the plight of one who picked the wrong A-levels.

know how you feel i wished i picked the sciences at alevel would have loved to go into dentistry or something else. it sucks my two best friends are going into pharmacy and i kind of still dont have a clue what i want to do im still deciding i feel kind of left out the odd one out, with them two going into the same field!
Reply 21
s_libra
So this question is one that i think about quite alot, regardless of the alevels im doing and anything else if i could choose to do any degree in the world what would it be?:rolleyes:
id say either archeology or astronomy i dont know they just sound so different from what most people are doing what would yours be?

It would be the one that I am going to do which is Computing.
A tearful TSR-ian
Really? Well, I've got an offer for medicine *yay*, so I'd obviously looooooove to do that, buuuuut, if I could pick any degree, I defo would pick 'Practical Sex Studies' - a degree where you just practice different sex techniques! :hubba:

Congratulations on the offer :biggrin::biggrin: The sex studies does sound the best. Maybe Sexology.
Computer Science.

I enjoy most things in life though; it just so happens that I like CompSci more than anything else :biggrin:

Although rock climbing would come close.
Reply 24
i would do an acting degree jus for fun...as i love acting but i need a more concrete degree that i can fall on just in case something happens....[don't get me wrong an acting degree is by all means a really good degree]
Reply 25
Well, I already have a degree but I'd like to further it by completing a PhD on the life and times of Scott Bakula
Reply 26
Medicine..
Architecture.

Which im doing anyway :biggrin: love it.
I like the idea of the American system, whereby one can study a whole range of subjects, majoring in one.
Social & Political Sciences (SPS) - but it was only on offer at Cambridge, and I ain't smart enough for that lol.
Reply 30
Medicine would be great, but i'm not sure i would be able to hack it tbh.

After that, Maths :smile:
ThirstyForTea
Congratulations on the offer :biggrin::biggrin: The sex studies does sound the best. Maybe Sexology.

Thanksssss! :smile: Sexology, hey? Great! I love it! :love:
Reply 32
medicine,but i was kinda interested in english lit,infact i was thinking about, applying for it till the last minute.
Reply 33
Ph.D. / D.Phil in comparative literature - hopefully I will though...
Stressed Chick
Social & Political Sciences (SPS) - but it was only on offer at Cambridge, and I ain't smart enough for that lol.

There are many similar courses at other universities though.
jismith1989
There are many similar courses at other universities though.

Yeah I did look through other 'combined' ones, but SPS seemed the best to me, it contained exactly the subjects I wanted to study, I didn't find a mix of psychology and politics anywhere else- plus they kept the science in the psychology modules down to a minimum which i liked.

Then again, I didn't research it as well as I should have done at all, I'm sure I overlooked a lot- silly me, my own fault, of course.
Travel & Tourism.
What I'm gonna do, which is English.
I'd love to do a joint hons in Geography and Scandinavian Studies, but alas it doesn't exist
I do electrical & electronic engineering and to be honest I couldn't imagine what else I'd do. Just wasn't sure of which engineering to do.

Never wanted to do medicine - it's what my dad did (since he's a doctor obviously) and well, nobody wants to do the same job as their dad...

Latest

Trending

Trending