The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I don't pluck mine.
SamTheMan
Ahh me was confused. I thought your boyfriend had told you you'd plucked your left eyebrow too much because you indeed had plucked your eyebrows... they're just naturally like that then.

He was just being picky. The bit nearest my nose on my left eyebrow is SLIGHTLY thinner than the rest of my eyebrows.

That said, he's got a scar running through one of his eyebrows, so his look REALLY weird. Hypocrite.
i don't
Reply 43
I pluck the mono-brow but i'm a bloke so shaping isnt high onmy list of priorities..
Reply 44
alio~
I didn't realise it was so common, is it best to do it yourself or getting a proffessional to do it and how much better does it make girls look?

get them waxed. plucking hurts more and takes longer. and you have to redo it more often. and you can never get them perfectly even.
waxing ftw :smile:
and oc get it doen professionally :biggrin: never wax your eyebrows yourself :|

and i have nightmares about my eyebrows becoming bushy so you can tell how much i think it improves looks :p: i'm very eyebrow concious :s-smilie:
Reply 45
I tweeze my eyebrows but, because I'm blonde, I only need to do a tiny bit of tweezing just to shape them slightly. It doesnt look much different if I leave them but I like to do it :yep:
Reply 46
I've had mine done once by a friend.
Didn't notice any difference though.

I think pretty much ALL my (female) friends pluck their eyebrows. Not sure.
Doesn't bother me too much though!

My friend told her boyfriend off for plucking his monobrow saying it wasn't manly lol!
I do not trust anyone to pluck my eyebrows, the first time I went to get them waxed the woman made them really skinny, which resulted in look of permanent surprise :frown: bad times
Ice_Queen
He was just being picky. The bit nearest my nose on my left eyebrow is SLIGHTLY thinner than the rest of my eyebrows.

That said, he's got a scar running through one of his eyebrows, so his look REALLY weird. Hypocrite.

Don't be harsh. I have a scar just like that.. I used to think it made me look hard. :cool: I wish...
Reply 49
I can't believe the amount of people who don't pluck their eyebrows! I thought nearly everyone did!
I do have quite dark eye brows though, and because I pluck them like once a week I have to keep plucking now because it grows back so fast! I don't think i'd get them done professionally as I already have a natural shape there I just pluck the hair which isn't meant to be there. and about the pain? it's not that bad! maybe i'm just used to it.
i don't
SamTheMan
Don't be harsh. I have a scar just like that.. I used to think it made me look hard. :cool: I wish...

Haha I'm not harsh, I love it, it's unique. I just like taking the mick out of my boyfriend. It's just so damn EASY.
Ghost
In fairness I do need it done. My eyebrows are huge.

Mine are huge, too; Zachary Quinto huge (Sylar in Heroes) ;p
Reply 53
I do mine myself with tweezers. Just a quick check for stray hairs every morning and a tidy-up it they're there. I've never had them done professionally. Saying that, mine aren't that bushy anyway. Basically, my mum told me (many years ago lol!) to always pluck underneath, never pluck above the eyebrow -that way you won't loose the natural shape of your eyebrow, so it should suit you. Also, beware of plucking them too thin! It's better to leave too much than to take too much -they will grow back, but it's a (relatively) slow process!

My mum's not a beautician, so I have no idea if this advice is good or total rubbish, but I've always followed it and have yet to have anyone ask me what the hell I've done to my eyebrows, so I assume it's safe!

Edit: Oh, and if you keep doing it after the first few times it doesn't hurt at all, btw!
I do mine myself - never did until the start of last year. Wish I'd never bothered, got to keep doing it now cos the eyebrow now only grows back in the centre under the brow. Very very weird.
I dont think I'd ever get it done professionally, it's not that hard to do yourself (at least I dont think so, judge mine if you like, on the right of my profile pic) and doesnt take longer than about 10 minutes once every fortnight.

Edit: OMG, just been looking at some pictures of myself from before I started plucking and I cant believe the difference actually.
Before:

After: see profile pic. Cant believe how much of an ape I looked before (and yes, after, but at least its not as bad now haha)
Reply 55
AsphyxiateD
Mine are huge, too; Zachary Quinto huge (Sylar in Heroes) ;p

hahah, well atleast they resemble a famous person's!
I don't; people say my dark thick eyebrows are undeniably sexy, as are my sexy hairy legs. I say it's hair that separates the men from the boys.
Reply 57
I've always done them myself and I get complimented on them all the time. I couldn't afford to get it done professionally anyway cos I have to pluck them at least every other day
Reply 58
jus_me_innit
no offence but r u gay m8?

2 Posts 15 warnings???

Nice work!
Reply 59
I'd have a crazy monobrow if I didn't. Needs to be done. I really should shape them properly though - I just get rid of the monobrow hairs but I have thick and fairly unruly brows anyway, they really need taming.

Latest