The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

When I used to wear uniform I would take off the jumper/tie etc and just put on a hoody or something when I got home.
hannahhi
It was too cold- I couldn't do it :p:

Hey Hannah! Same here this morning, although I did manage to get away with undoing it in school 'cos it was soooo warm and we have to wear blazers and jumpers! Big assembly this afternoon where we told how scruffy we are though and big clampdown tomorrow, so had to do it up again and it's too cold to undo it now until bedtime!

Have you been told off about it too?
saranotsarah
Hey Hannah! Same here this morning, although I did manage to get away with undoing it in school 'cos it was soooo warm and we have to wear blazers and jumpers! Big assembly this afternoon where we told how scruffy we are though and big clampdown tomorrow, so had to do it up again and it's too cold to undo it now until bedtime!

Have you been told off about it too?

Yeah, we get told reguarly to do them up :rolleyes: Teachers walking down the corridors even stop people to tell them to do up their ties. Tis very annoying.
hannahhi
Yeah, we get told reguarly to do them up :rolleyes: Teachers walking down the corridors even stop people to tell them to do up their ties. Tis very annoying.

Have you been caught?
What happens to frequent offenders?
saranotsarah
Have you been caught?
What happens to frequent offenders?

I've never been caught, but frequent offenders get detentions.
hannahhi
I've never been caught, but frequent offenders get detentions.

How'd you get away with it? That's not fair - I'm always getting done. :frown:
saranotsarah
How'd you get away with it? That's not fair - I'm always getting done. :frown:

Haven't a clue- just manage to avoid the teachers :p:
hannahhi
Haven't a clue- just manage to avoid the teachers :p:

I bet you can't even tell that yours is can you? I think my problem is that even if I try to hide it, it slips down and before I know it it's half hidden by my jumper! :mad:
saranotsarah
I bet you can't even tell that yours is can you? I think my problem is that even if I try to hide it, it slips down and before I know it it's half hidden by my jumper! :mad:

That sucks.
My mother has just had the best laugh of her life, since I've tied my tie in the 'new approved ' school way and tucked my shirt in, to give her a preview of how I've got to look tomorrow and forever more.

How can I do my tie so it's undone but not obvious - I'll suffocate if I can't!
Reply 110
saranotsarah
My mother has just had the best laugh of her life, since I've tied my tie in the 'new approved ' school way and tucked my shirt in, to give her a preview of how I've got to look tomorrow and forever more.

How can I do my tie so it's undone but not obvious - I'll suffocate if I can't!

Why not just do it up, I mean you'll only be having the push your tie to your neck every so often, and be the same tightness as if you had done it up. Do it up, and then put your fingers between your collar and your neck to loosen it up a bit. And I'd recommend that when you do finally do it up, make sure that your tie is a little bit looser, so as to show that the top button is done up and avoid being told off.
I used to do it aswell, my mum used to proper moan. The way i saw it, after a long day at school i was finally comfy in what i was wearing, and was too lazy to bother to change.
Reply 112
I used to change out of my uniform straight away when I went to school. I tend to keep my work uniform on though because it's comfortable :P
Reply 113
I think I took my tie, blazer and shoes off, but what was the point in changing clothes for all of a few hours? Seemed like a waste.
We have to stay in uniform until our homework (or 'prep' as they like to call it) is finished, by which time I can never be bothered to change.
Reply 115
I'm usually changed within 10 minutes of getting home - can't stand uniform! Especially since it's navy blue .. that colour does nothing for me :P
I used to not bother, but then I started feeling horrible wearing it all the time so took it off straight away!
becky.fm
I always used to change. School uniforms look well stupid on anyone 15+, and i really hated people seeing me in uniform when i didn't have to be. Thank god by the time i got into Year 11, the uniform rules were never enforced, and i didn't really have to wear tie/blazer. Tbh, when i see sixth formers walking around in a uniform, i wonder why they not embarassed to look like that in public. :p:

Agreed! Plus it looks pretty skanky if you've had it on all day (since 7am in my case) until 11 that night! School uniforms are for SCHOOL.
yeah, that is a bit weird. can't wait to get my shirt off when i get home, and change my trousers.
Reply 119
I don't have a uniform now, ut when I did I wouldn't get changed until about 7ish, because my mum insisted I wasn't wearing it for dinner! She always found it strange that I didn't get changed as soon as I came home from school. My aunt came round once and said I must love my uniform to still be in it at that time. (around 6) I hated my uniform, but must days I was too lazy to change straight away!

If I was going out of my house, I would change though.

Latest

Trending

Trending