The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You can't own pistols in the UK, well you can if you are in a shooting club but pistols have to be kept locked up in the club. Hell the army aren't even issued with pistols anymore because it's to easy to suddenly spin and shoot without thinking.

Terryw
You can get a shot gun license. But nearly all other firearms are forbidden unless you have a serious reason to own one and I seriously doubt you have reason to do so.
If someone was to break into your home and you used a shot gun you could find yourself in jail for attempted murder.

You're doing it wrong then!
lodzinski
If you want to own a gun 'for collection and if someone was to break into your house' then I don't think you should have one quite frankly.

If you want to stop people breaking into your house, there is a *really* prickly plant you can get. We had it up the wall of our old house, and even the guy who came to hack it off, wearing all the protective gear, still got pricked by it, and had a hard time taking any of it off. I can't remember the name of the plant, but I can find out for you. But seriously, *no-one* messes with this plant. And the best bit? If someone enters your property (eg climbing over the garden fence) and falls on this plant (it's *really* prickly, whatever clothes you're wearing), they can't sue you/complain whatsoever. Not your fault if they get hurt, it's perfectly reasonably to have prickly plants on your own property. :yep: :p: :biggrin: Whereas a gun might get you into trouble.
Reply 82
watch out for this one. Be on the news next lol.
Reply 83
Ask the secretary of state.
theronkinator
You can't own pistols in the UK, well you can if you are in a shooting club but pistols have to be kept locked up in the club. Hell the army aren't even issued with pistols anymore because it's to easy to suddenly spin and shoot without thinking.

Eh, what?

Check your facts, you're talking out of your backside.

Spin and shoot without thinking... Have you been watching Ultimate Force or something?
:rolleyes:
A is for Awesome

haha i clicked on it
GUN? :redface:
FiveFiveSix
Eh, what?

Check your facts, you're talking out of your backside.

Spin and shoot without thinking... Have you been watching Ultimate Force or something?
:rolleyes:

No, my mate is in the army and he was told they were no longer issued as standard due to civilian casulties, with a pistol it was a smaller turning radius and people in buildings were hearing noises spinning and shooting, and killing civilians, where as the l85 has a longer barrel, takes you that tiny bit longer to turn, but your head has already spun and seen it is a child or something before the gun barrel has caught up.
theronkinator
No, my mate is in the army and he was told they were no longer issued as standard due to civilian casulties, with a pistol it was a smaller turning radius and people in buildings were hearing noises spinning and shooting, and killing civilians, where as the l85 has a longer barrel, takes you that tiny bit longer to turn, but your head has already spun and seen it is a child or something before the gun barrel has caught up.

Your mate, or more likely you, are talking ball-locks.
Reply 89
treasureBelle
If you want to stop people breaking into your house, there is a *really* prickly plant you can get. We had it up the wall of our old house, and even the guy who came to hack it off, wearing all the protective gear, still got pricked by it, and had a hard time taking any of it off. I can't remember the name of the plant, but I can find out for you. But seriously, *no-one* messes with this plant. And the best bit? If someone enters your property (eg climbing over the garden fence) and falls on this plant (it's *really* prickly, whatever clothes you're wearing), they can't sue you/complain whatsoever. Not your fault if they get hurt, it's perfectly reasonably to have prickly plants on your own property. :yep: :p: :biggrin: Whereas a gun might get you into trouble.

Isn't your property supposed to be kept safe for invaders, though? We live near a primary school and get children climbing on our wall, so I said to my mum that she should layer it with broken glass (which, of course, would soon stop them), but she thought that was probably illegal. Of course, it might just be the extreme nature of my suggestion, though I thought it was pretty good, I don't really know...
Old thread - locked.

Latest

Trending

Trending