The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Why don't you just say that you jotted down those notes a while back for an unassessed school exam and totally forgot about them.
Shash91
Why don't you just revise like everyone else instead of trying to beat the system?

Why are you only applying to universities in the north?

Irrelevant I know but I don't understand why people are so afraid of venturing away from home.
Write a sincere felt apology. (only if your actually sincere)

Admit you messed up and in a crazy, desperate moment you wrote cheat notes.

However, insist that you didn't use them and that it was taken off you before you used it.

Technically, you didn't cheat, though you had the intention, but you did break the rules.

No condoning it but that's all that i could suggest really.

You guys should either have some compassion, answer the original question or leave.
No need to troll.
Reply 23
your officially pwned by AQA lol

maybe you could say sorry for creating a disturbance in the exam room (kinda shows you care about the other students concentration lol)
and maybe say that you weredoing a past paper at home and you put some notes on calculator to use and then just forgot to take them out?
Reply 24
It was an idiotic thing to do, but there's no need for such childish responses. The guy did something wrong, and he will have to face the consequences. Leave it at that - no need to yell at the guy from behind your screen.

zkm1223, maybe you should deal with this like a man and tell the truth.
strawberrywine_
Say they were written there for revision purposes before the exam, and you completely blanked on exchanging the calculator.

And I have sympathy for everybody who's saying nobody does. :smile:

That's not a very good defence. Of all the materials, a calculator is the least likely place anyone would jot down some quick revision notes.
Could you say that you had them on there for a mock previously and forgot all about them?
I had to use my older (spare) calculator because the batteries on the new one ran out and I didn't realise?
Or the good old 'How did that get there?':eek:

That said, they'd probably laugh at all and then go harder on you for trying to wriggle out of it. Naughty, naughty. I do wonder how they caught you out though.
Reply 27
Say you jotted them down after the exam had started so you didn't forget them and they were easily accessible.
OP you'll just have to write that you apologise and that there was no defence for what you did. You're the kind of person I look down on.
Misogynist
That's not a very good defence. Of all the materials, a calculator is the least likely place anyone would jot down some quick revision notes.

It's not that unlikely. If they're some sort of calculations then it could work, but I don't know what kind of notes the OP if referring to.
Reply 30
if you are smart enough to get away with cheating imho i believe you deserve the higher marks.
Say that you wrote them down so you could use them during school lessons and you forgot to remove them for the exam and in no way refered to them. Thats the best you can do. btw you will be disqualified from all jan 09 exams with the AQA board
Or say somebody else slipped you the calculator.

Not meant to taken seriously, but if you're desperate, ho ho ho.
fleur_de_haine
Could you say that you had them on there for a mock previously and forgot all about them?
I had to use my older (spare) calculator because the batteries on the new one ran out and I didn't realise?
Or the good old 'How did that get there?':eek:

That said, they'd probably laugh at all and then go harder on you for trying to wriggle out of it. Naughty, naughty. I do wonder how they caught you out though.

That's an amazing excuse. I'm serious.
Chattykatty88
OP you'll just have to write that you apologise and that there was no defence for what you did. You're the kind of person I look down on.

Nice to see your neg rep filling up there.
Reply 34
Holty-Dave
Why are you only applying to universities in the north?

Irrelevant I know but I don't understand why people are so afraid of venturing away from home.

I don't actually know thats a very valid point.
I do want to move away, just didn't consider it really.
I wish I had applied further away to be honest.
All these are partial defences, you'll still get screwed by AQA. Is there anyway you can convince them that you wrote the notes on the calculator at the start of the exam so you wouldn't forget them. What did you do/say when they caught you?
England Captain
Nice to see your neg rep filling up there.

What's that supposed to mean? At the end of the day people on here don't like someone with confidence, which I possess, and they think that calling me a 'stuck up bitch' is going to hurt me to the core.
Chattykatty88
What's that supposed to mean? At the end of the day people on here don't like someone with confidence, which I possess, and they think that calling me a 'stuck up bitch' is going to hurt me to the core.

Well in your other thread you seemed to be mocking people because of their intelligence, even though it's something they are born with.
First thing you should do is thank heaven you're not in France. A stunt like this here, and you're disqualified from the exam and forbidden to take ANY exam in the following five years.
England Captain
Well in your other thread you seemed to be mocking people because of their intelligence, even though it's something they are born with.

So what?

Latest