The Student Room Group

English language - ENB5 Editorial Writing?

Any other English language A-Level students out there?

Two packs:
Jane Austen
Bolton Wanderers

I can not see how I am ever going to pick a question on Bolton Wanderers when the other topic is of so much more interest to me!

Got so much work on at the minute, could I just prepare the Jane Austen pack (time is an issue!)

Really, how much of a risk is this (my teacher looked like she was going to hit me when I asked this!) I'm predicted/targeted an A, and editorial writing should play to my strengths...

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if I sort of put all my eggs in one basket would it?!
If anyone could tell me how to delete this, that'd be great, there is already a thread on this!

Sorry didn't look!
This might be totally irrelevant to what we need to know, but I was wondering if someone could clear up something confusing for a total football dummie.

In the Bolton Wanderers pack, it keeps mentioning divisions, for instance text S starts with "After a gruelling series of four first division matches..." Are divisions the same as leagues, or subdivisions within the leagues, or something totally different?

I'd feel a lot more confident with the Bolton pack if I knew something about the structure of football lol
a football is spherical in shape ...It can also be long from top and bottom. They use it in FOOTBALL and also rugby and what not...I am not being sarcastic..
pineapplesmoothie
Any other English language A-Level students out there?

Two packs:
Jane Austen
Bolton Wanderers

I can not see how I am ever going to pick a question on Bolton Wanderers when the other topic is of so much more interest to me!

Got so much work on at the minute, could I just prepare the Jane Austen pack (time is an issue!)

Really, how much of a risk is this (my teacher looked like she was going to hit me when I asked this!) I'm predicted/targeted an A, and editorial writing should play to my strengths...

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if I sort of put all my eggs in one basket would it?!

hi dude, i cant believe youve put this down as i was thinking the exact same thing lol

i really think its a good idea, im the same as u , A grade student too and was worried about time , and also for the face that i really cant get into the bolton packa dn i think if i prepare the pack(jane austen) i am enjoying i wil enjoy writng the exam and thus get a good grade (hopefully lol) but besides we get two choices of formats so well have to do whatever they throw at us!

My teachers have said that its better ot really prepare both packs but i mean i htink our way is better spesh witha time issue aswell

good luck!

x
Reply 5
I have the same problem - I'm just going to do the Jane Austen one, as I know for a fact that even if I read the Bolton Wanderers one, I couldn't do it justice.

Go for whichever one feels best, I say.
runningtostandstill
hi dude, i cant believe youve put this down as i was thinking the exact same thing lol

i really think its a good idea, im the same as u , A grade student too and was worried about time , and also for the face that i really cant get into the bolton packa dn i think if i prepare the pack(jane austen) i am enjoying i wil enjoy writng the exam and thus get a good grade (hopefully lol) but besides we get two choices of formats so well have to do whatever they throw at us!

My teachers have said that its better ot really prepare both packs but i mean i htink our way is better spesh witha time issue aswell

good luck!

x

Hey, thanks for that!

My teacher was furious I was even considering it! But like you say, I couldn't get into the Bolton Wanderers (exam tomorrow and I've only briefly gone over it) Whereas with Jane, I know the pack reaaally well now!

I know it's a gamble but when I have a Lit exam with quotes to learn, I've just not had time!

So good luck to you as well, praying for a good Jane Austen one (I can't think what it could be that could be so awful though... but ask me again tomorrow lol) xx
Reply 7
Hey i'm just checkin, do we get a choice of two questions from each of the packs? So like, 2 for Jane Austen and 2 for Bolton Wanderers. WHY did they include a bolton wanderers pack ? Lol, I'm thinkin just hope to god a good Jane Austen question comes up.
a pack about football? i think i chose the wrong type of english for a level :frown:

Latest