The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

cpj1987
No, people are saying what they, personally, would work for. If one employer deemed them less valuable than they considered themselves, they'd look elsewhere - and fair enough, but there's nothing to say they'll ever find the wage or salary they're looking for.
In which case there is no reason that anyone on this thread ought to declare their personal minimum wage to be any lower than 1 million pounds or another extraordinarily high amount of money.
mikeyd85
£7.50 an hour.

ditto im not getting out of bed for less than that (seeing as i earn more than that now) unless i really had no choice
Bagration
In which case there is no reason that anyone on this thread ought to declare their personal minimum wage to be any lower than 1 million pounds or another extraordinarily high amount of money.

So one must either declare that they'd work for any amount of money, or that they'd work only for a million pounds? :confused:
Reply 63
Bagration

Why not?
Reply 64
Bagration

Yes there is.

If I was to say that I would not work for any less than £1 million per year, it is highly unlikely that I would ever find a job because nobody would offer me that. If I was to say that I would not be willing to work for less than £6 per hour, that does not apply because there are employers out there who are willing to offer me that and more so there is no need for me to accept an offer of anything less than that.
la fille danse
So one must either declare that they'd work for any amount of money, or that they'd work only for a million pounds? :confused:
No, you totally missed the point.

shyopstv
Yes there is.

If I was to say that I would not work for any less than £1 million per year, it is highly unlikely that I would ever find a job. If I was to say that I would not be willing to work for less than £6 per hour, that does not apply because there are employers out there who are willing to offer me that and more so there is no need for me to work for anything less than that.
OK, so you believe that your labour is worth its market value then? Good. However there are no small number of people on this thread who believe their labour is worth a set amount of money that they themselves determine.
Bagration
No, you totally missed the point.

OK, so you believe that your labour is worth its market value then? Good.

It would appear that you have.
Kaddybong
What jobs can make you £10 an hour being a student???

oh ermmm thats close enough to my wage right now, but i know that since ive worked in finance for long enough i can find financial admin P/T jobs relatively easily, that said it would probably be £9 if its p/t
Reply 68
Haha. All you people wanting £10 an hour... I worked for £3 an hour when I was 16. I get a lot more now, because I'm awesome at my job plus they had to up it when I got older... I've never really minded all that much though, because I adore my job. It's what gets me up at half 6 on saturday and sunday mornings.

Of course, I'd have loved to earn a bit more but I think that the enjoyment I get out of my job far outweighs the benefits of the extra money, otherwise I'd have left years ago!
£5.73 per hour. It's what i earn now, and the minimum wage for my age.
xTazx
oh ermmm thats close enough to my wage right now, but i know that since ive worked in finance for long enough i can find financial admin P/T jobs relatively easily, that said it would probably be £9 if its p/t

Ah you lucky! Wish i could get a job like that instead of boring retail....thats all there seems to be :frown:
Reply 71
£10
Kaddybong
Ah you lucky! Wish i could get a job like that instead of boring retail....thats all there seems to be :frown:

lol nothing such as luck mate, and if there is, you make your own luck :biggrin:
Reply 73
Around £10 per hour average including evening/weekend bonuses etc. seems reasonable for me. Anything much below is too cheap.
Reply 74
I haven't had a regualr job for a while now. Did a placement over the summer earning 11.5K a year but the ammount didn't matter as long as I was getting paid a little, it was more the experience I wanted. When I graduate I want to earn as much as possible :smile:
xTazx
lol nothing such as luck mate, and if there is, you make your own luck :biggrin:

I agree on your statement :smile:, well yea...dont know where to start looking. I need links!

Latest

Trending

Trending