The Student Room Group

Migrant Worker working hours

Hi,

Last academic year I had some issues with the SFE as I lost one of my maintenance loan funds because I was not not working enough so therefore I couldn't get assessed accordingly.

However, now I am working around 12 hours a week with occasionally 20-25 when we are on Uni holiday.

Anyone can point out how many hours exactly do I need to work? I need to specify that I am on the minimum working wage for a 21 years old.

Additionally, can I provide just a letter from my manager that I am in continuous employment or do I need to send payslips?

Thanks,
Original post by forenco
Hi,

Last academic year I had some issues with the SFE as I lost one of my maintenance loan funds because I was not not working enough so therefore I couldn't get assessed accordingly.

However, now I am working around 12 hours a week with occasionally 20-25 when we are on Uni holiday.

Anyone can point out how many hours exactly do I need to work? I need to specify that I am on the minimum working wage for a 21 years old.

Additionally, can I provide just a letter from my manager that I am in continuous employment or do I need to send payslips?

Thanks,

Hi there, We have a guideline of 10 hours, we take into account the rate of pay rather than the hours of employment. We would need evidence from your employer stating the following:colone:mployment start date
Contracted hours per week/hourly rate
Contracts must be signed by the employer or employee
Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, We have a guideline of 10 hours, we take into account the rate of pay rather than the hours of employment. We would need evidence from your employer stating the following:colone:mployment start date
Contracted hours per week/hourly rate
Contracts must be signed by the employer or employee
Thanks, Angela

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and explaining what the guidelines are. I am still a bit confused about the hours/how much I earn as a part timer.

If the guidelines indicates a 10hours would earning around 100£ per week be acceptable? That is the results if you put the national minimum wage of a 21 year old with 10 hours.

Kind regards,
Original post by forenco
Hi,

Thank you for your reply and explaining what the guidelines are. I am still a bit confused about the hours/how much I earn as a part timer.

If the guidelines indicates a 10hours would earning around 100£ per week be acceptable? That is the results if you put the national minimum wage of a 21 year old with 10 hours.

Kind regards,

Hi there, I am unable to advise if your employment/earnings are an acceptable level. Our assessing team would determine this when the assess your application and funding. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending