The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Socrates
97-03 is usually the safer option.

does rtf just "standardise" it, without even taking in to consideration the typograph?

I'm beginning to think whether to invest in a printer, paper, cartridges, A4 windowed envelopes and stamps
Does some kinds soul want to get me a journal article? *begs*:puppyeyes:
Reply 382
apotoftea
Does some kinds soul want to get me a journal article? *begs*

I'll have a bash. What's the article? How comes you can't get access to it from your comp?
rottcodd
I'll have a bash. What's the article? How comes you can't get access to it from your comp?

Because my lovely wonderful "I don't want to leave" university doesn't have access to it :rolleyes:

Nineteenth Century Contexts, 27:3 (2005) - it's by Sabine Clemme
Reply 384
apotoftea
Because my lovely wonderful "I don't want to leave" university doesn't have access to it :rolleyes: Nineteenth Century Contexts, 27:3 (2005) - it's by Sabine Clemme

Damn, sorry pot-pot, it appears my lovely wonderful 'I don't want to leave' university doesn't have access to it either :frown: I even went into the special history bit, I felt very dirty.
Bugger. Thanks anyway :biggrin:

I've googled it, searched both my athens accounts :ninja: and just can't seem to get hold of it.
PM me your email, teapot, just downloaded it for you.
IlexAquifolium

Ooo you star :biggrin:
Reply 388
IlexAquifolium

You win the prize for most subscribed university out of us three then :wink:
rottcodd
You win the prize for most subscribed university out of us three then :wink:

Well, it rarely has the stuff I want, but seemingly for historians it's great! :wink:
IlexAquifolium
Well, it rarely has the stuff I want, but seemingly for historians it's great! :wink:

Indeed - if anyone needs anything on bio-chem then let me know :rolleyes:
apotoftea
Indeed - if anyone needs anything on bio-chem then let me know :rolleyes:

I'll bear that in mind should I ever have a disciplinary identity crisis.

Did you get the email?
IlexAquifolium

Did you get the email?

I did thank you :biggrin: It looks thrilling.
Reply 393
You're making me feel guilty now that I'm not doing anything useful, work-wise. So far tonight I've watched back episodes of that million dollar trader thing you pointed out to me, had a glass of wine, eaten cheese, and signed up to do a 10k race which really means I should go for a jog and not drink wine and eat cheese......

but i'll do it in the morning :p:
rottcodd
You're making me feel guilty now that I'm not doing anything useful, work-wise. So far tonight I've watched back episodes of that million dollar trader thing you pointed out to me, had a glass of wine, eaten cheese, and signed up to do a 10k race which really means I should go for a jog and not drink wine and eat cheese......

but i'll do it in the morning :p:

I wish I could run a 10k race. In my prime I'm like 4k, then I die, and that's when I'm at the gym and training. I was never good at long distance, and now I'm too old, too fat, and too addicted to bad drink and food (aka good drink and food).
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH it's friday night and i',m doing my tax returns (drunk(. IU HATE the tax man. I've had to do tax returns for about 4 years now, and i've only worked as a self-employed researcher for 9 months (because my payment was ****** up by a charity). noooooooooooooooo.

or is it 5 years?

2004-2005

4 years.
Reply 396
The Boosh
I wish I could run a 10k race. In my prime I'm like 4k, then I die, and that's when I'm at the gym and training. I was never good at long distance, and now I'm too old, too fat, and too addicted to bad drink and food (aka good drink and food).

Yeah, I've never done a 10k before. I used to be really into doing 5ks a while back - they're the perfect distance because you can sort of go mad and worry about the pain afterwards because it's all over so quick. And then I did a half-marathon that just made me want to die, on the most depressing track possible (circuits of silverstone racetrack in a blizzard!), and I haven't really got back into it since. But I'm hoping this 10k one will set me back on track.
rottcodd
Yeah, I've never done a 10k before. I used to be really into doing 5ks a while back - they're the perfect distance because you can sort of go mad and worry about the pain afterwards because it's all over so quick. And then I did a half-marathon that just made me want to die, on the most depressing track possible (circuits of silverstone racetrack in a blizzard!), and I haven't really got back into it since. But I'm hoping this 10k one will set me back on track.

I want to do a run for the charity, Stroke, in memory of my granddad, but I've never been able to reach my fitness target. Oh well, I suppose I benefit the world in different ways.
In fact, do we have any GOGers who have gone from sitting on there arse to running a marathon (half or full)? I'd love to know what training regimes are worth while.

Rottcodd, are you a natural runner, or do you have a training scheme that works?
IlexAquifolium

Did you get the email?

Ilex, in the tax year 2007-2008, what was the ESRC bursary? Was it £12,300?

Latest

Trending

Trending