The Student Room Group

Overall Percent For Second and Third Year

Just wanted to ask if anyone can help my undertand how much percent i would need for either a 2/1 or first based on second and third year overall.

Just finshed second year and it got 61% overal so a 2/1.
Just wanted to ask if anyone would know how much would i need in third year to get either a 2/1 or a first overall.

My degree is split 20% second year which i just completed and third year is worth 80%
just wanted some clarification thanks
Original post by SK_121
Just wanted to ask if anyone can help my undertand how much percent i would need for either a 2/1 or first based on second and third year overall.

Just finshed second year and it got 61% overal so a 2/1.
Just wanted to ask if anyone would know how much would i need in third year to get either a 2/1 or a first overall.

My degree is split 20% second year which i just completed and third year is worth 80%
just wanted some clarification thanks

Your university may well have other rules which apply (many have rules to ignore the lowest N credits, or to use a higher proportion of second year credits in certain circumstances, etc.) so the below is relying entirely on the rules you have provided - a simple 20:80 split between second and third year.

If we call you third year mark M, then:
For a first you need a minimum of (0.2 x 61) + (0.8 x M) = 70, in which case M must be 72.25.
For a 2:1 you need a minimum of (0.2 x 61) + (0.8 x M) = 60, in which case M must be 59.75.

Note that this assumes your university applies a strict 70% and 60% threshold for first and 2:1. (Some universities round up, or apply other rules when students are near the threshold.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending