The Student Room Group

Vet A-levels

I'm in year 11 at the moment and want to apply for vet medicine in the future. I'm struggling to decide what A-levels to choose. I will definitely take biology and chemistry but can't decide on a third. I'm predicted a 9 in Spanish gcse so would love to do it for A-level, but I don't want this to put me at a disadvantage to other vet med candidates. Would someone taking a third A-level like maths or psychology be favoured to me doing Spanish? Please help!
Apart from for the likes of Cambridge, your third subject is entirely your choice and not judged by the unis so won’t put you at a disadvantage. Do what you enjoy and more importantly what you think you can succeed in :smile: My best friend at uni actually did Spanish as her third too and she got several offers if that reassures you.
Original post by abi2211
I'm in year 11 at the moment and want to apply for vet medicine in the future. I'm struggling to decide what A-levels to choose. I will definitely take biology and chemistry but can't decide on a third. I'm predicted a 9 in Spanish gcse so would love to do it for A-level, but I don't want this to put me at a disadvantage to other vet med candidates. Would someone taking a third A-level like maths or psychology be favoured to me doing Spanish? Please help!

Id double check unis websites to see what subjects they require.
If they only want biology and chemistry (and the 3rd can be any subject) then go for whichever subject you will enjoy the most and will do the best at. If you enjoy and are good at spanish, then do spanish.
Reply 3
Original post by RambleAmple
Apart from for the likes of Cambridge, your third subject is entirely your choice and not judged by the unis so won’t put you at a disadvantage. Do what you enjoy and more importantly what you think you can succeed in :smile: My best friend at uni actually did Spanish as her third too and she got several offers if that reassures you.

Hi, thanks so much for the help. Yes that is definitely reassuring!
Reply 4
Original post by Emma:-)
Id double check unis websites to see what subjects they require.
If they only want biology and chemistry (and the 3rd can be any subject) then go for whichever subject you will enjoy the most and will do the best at. If you enjoy and are good at spanish, then do spanish.

none of the vet courses I've looked at specify which third A-level they'd prefer, so I'm probably leaning towards doing Spanish! Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending