The Student Room Group

Forgetting to return an interview slip...

Now my January exams are out of the way, I pull out my letter inviting me to an interview at Nottingham. Note down the time I need to be there by, what I need to bring, and lo and behold, there's this slip I need to return to confirm I'm able to to attend, asking me to do it in 'good time' - :eek:

My interview is in 5 days, should I still return the slip by post and risk being rude for it being so late, or ring up and apologise? :confused:

Either way, they're gonna hate me, right?
Reply 1
ring up
Reply 2
Ring up. See what you get.
Reply 3
say you didn't get the letter but your friend got one? must have got lost in the post.
i guess it would be easier to be truthful though.
Reply 4
:O I almost made the same mistake, before I put my welcome letter from my University away in my big closet where things can never be found again... But I was so happy with the interview, I re-read the letter and realized I had to return a slip ASAP stating that I will be able to attend.

:/ You might wanna contact them and notify what happened.
pamelaa
say you didn't get the letter but your friend got one? must have got lost in the post.
i guess it would be easier to be truthful though.

Then how would they know about their own interview?
Reply 6
OriginofSymmetry
Then how would they know about their own interview?

Hm I know I just realised after I wrote it. Haha.
Reply 7
Yeah, I thought ringing up was best. Though, no one likes to hear an applicant grovel for a stupid mistake like this.
Reply 8
BananaWaffles
Yeah, I thought ringing up was best. Though, no one likes to hear an applicant grovel for a stupid mistake like this.

You're probably one of dozens every year who forget. I forgot to bring photocopies of my CRB documents to my UEA interview. **** happens sometimes.
Reply 9
I did a similar thing with my Leeds interview - discovered the reply slip about a week after the reply-date deadline. I just emailed them with an excuse and they were fine about it. You'll be fine; as someone said above, dozens of people will do it every year.
Reply 10
You need to call them, as if you've not relied they won't be expecting you and won't have your interview materials...

Personally, I'd be honest with them - they know you have exams, these things happen, and probity and honesty are key attributes...
Reply 11
Thanks for replying guys. I rang them up yesterday, and someone took a note of it to pass it to the admissions officer.

Hopefully, they won't be like 'Wut!?!' when I turn up this tue.
Reply 12
I went to Nottingham and I HAD sent my reply slip.
But the lady there said she has way to much mail so never checks through anyway, and asked me to fill out another form...
Reply 13
iSimon
I went to Nottingham and I HAD sent my reply slip.
But the lady there said she has way to much mail so never checks through anyway, and asked me to fill out another form...

Hahaha, lol. I guess I kinda panicked yesterday, but I feel better now you've said that.

Hope your interview went well :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending