The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Apagg, I can assure you that i laugh at your over-sensitive notion of masculinity just as much...

However, if society doesn't 'viciously oppress' women, please explain what you think about gender roles in society, and how balanced they are.
Reply 261
Totally ******** advert, but I bet it will work.
Reply 262
dreiviergrenadier
Apagg, I can assure you that i laugh at your over-sensitive notion of masculinity just as much...

However, if society doesn't 'viciously oppress' women, please explain what you think about gender roles in society, and how balances they are.

The contradictions flooding through the little mind of a sexist! :rolleyes: I see what you're getting at. It seems sexists are the first to point out how inferior women are, which doesn't reflect real life; Also the first to point out how wrong the feminists are!

So Apagg - women, are they equal or nay?
Reply 263
Apagg
I imagine a guy flew the plane and let her think she was flying. We do like to humour you from time to time, bless you.

In any case, you're entirely missing the point of the advert which is to portray Virgin as sexy and exciting (through the use of sexy and exciting flight crew, male and female) in comparison to a stuffier and drab BA. Mind you, being a woman I can't expect you to notice everything. I'm sure you could tell me all about the shoes and handbags shown though :smile:

Forget it, arguing with sexists is so pointless :rolleyes: At least feminists can take the moral high ground - why you guys will never get anywhere
Reply 264
chaseside
Forget it, arguing with sexists is so pointless :rolleyes: At least feminists can take the moral high ground - why you guys will never get anywhere

I'm pretty sure we were the dominant gender for a few thousand years. Sign of awesomeness if ever there was one. Letting you vote was a mistake - bam! 20 years later, WW2.
Reply 265
dreiviergrenadier

However, if society doesn't 'viciously oppress' women, please explain what you think about gender roles in society, and how balanced they are.

Ok, women. Good at childbirth, comparative (but not absolute) advantage in cooking, cleaning and housework.
Men, awesome at everything, ever. Except childbirth, hats off to the ladies for managing that one.

Given the relative limitations of each gender, I'd say the roles are balanced.
:laughing:
Reply 267
The 80's were incredibly sexist.

But the advert probably sums up the 80's to some extent: Miner's strike, Pacman, Wimpy burger, men wearing macs, the incredibly large mobile phones...

*sigh* I miss the 80's...
Reply 268
All feminists are just jealous they couldn’t be one of the women in that advert.

No seriously, there all ugly...

Joke :biggrin:
Tom1390
so being a male means you have to have the desire to beat them up?

Having balls is wanting to protect women, and not throwing an insecure fit at the slightest sign of a woman speaking her mind with regards to a culture which viciously oppresses them.

:sigh:

No that’s having your ball pwoned by a woman, if they are so equal they can protect themselves, strong sense of not even realising how chauvinistic your statement is!
Reply 270
chaseside

no mate, this isn't the best way to get laid. try something else.
Apagg
Ok, women. Good at childbirth, comparative (but not absolute) advantage in cooking, cleaning and housework.
Men, awesome at everything, ever. Except childbirth, hats off to the ladies for managing that one.

Given the relative limitations of each gender, I'd say the roles are balanced.

I'm better at childbirth than some bitch.
Reply 272
dreiviergrenadier
Apagg, thank you for showing everyone why there is a continued need for feminism. (btw - i know nothing about shoes or handbags - i'm a guy as well. Also, if it weren't for the feminist, sexual liberation movements, then there would probably be a lot more 'unused genitalia' around...)

WTF? It was very clear he was joking, I don't know why you're getting offended, I'm not.

Thanks for your reply, it's obvious we massively disagree, but I really think you're reading far too much into the advert.
Reply 273
No that’s having your ball pwoned by a woman, if they are so equal they can protect themselves, strong sense of not even realising how chauvinistic your statement is!
That really pisses me off, you hold a door open for a woman and they have a go at you for sexism. Well next time the titanic is sinking those women can go F@*k themselves, I’m getting on that lifeboat first biatch.
If you are that concerned over the sexist nature of this advert stop moaning on a forum about it and write a letter to Virgin expressing your views.

Look I even got you the address.

Customer Services,
Virgin Atlantic Airways,
The Office,
Manor Royal,
Crawley,
West Sussex,
RH10 9NU.

:p:
Good god, is this still going on? Look, there's no point having this thread, except for procrastination purposes only...no matter what anyone says, there will always be someone who disagrees with it. That's life.
Reply 276
Renner
That really pisses me off, you hold a door open for a woman and they have a go at you for sexism. Well next time the titanic is sinking those women can go F@*k themselves, I’m getting on that lifeboat first biatch.

Err no they don't.

I smile and say thank you, as do all of the women I know.
I dont see it as sexist at all
Reply 278
Apagg
I'm pretty sure we were the dominant gender for a few thousand years. Sign of awesomeness if ever there was one. Letting you vote was a mistake - bam! 20 years later, WW2.

I really don't believe you have anything to do with cambridge lol
Teigan
WTF? It was very clear he was joking, I don't know why you're getting offended, I'm not.

Thanks for your reply, it's obvious we massively disagree, but I really think you're reading far too much into the advert.

I'm not getting offended, his comments about my (and other people's) genitalia is frankly laughable, and immensely predictable. My sense of humour might be slightly less crass, but it is there nonetheless. I was simply pointing out the irony in his comments (which amused me).

And if we massively disagree, then can you please explain where I am (in your opinion) wrong? I don't think i'm 'reading in', rather 'pointing out', and I'd like to see why you think this isn't so.

Latest

Trending

Trending