The Student Room Group

Research report ideas.

I have just found out i have to do the OCR A2 research report coursework by next tuesday, and i don't know what to do it on!

I definelty want to do something astronomical but that's as far as i've got. It needs to include a variety of a level topics and mathematical equations/derivations, and be phrased as a question.

I have been flicking through a couple of magazines, and the only thing i have really come up with is something about finding an earth-like exoplanet. However i dont know how i would get many equations or A-level topics in this??

My teacher also mentioned General relativity, but i would need to find something more specific to do with this, as just general relativity is too broad.

I would really appreciate if anybody could help me with some ideas on this!

Thanks.
Reply 1
"Why satelites aren't taking predicted routes orbiting planets"

That's not the exact title, but it was in an edition of New Scientist in October I think. They talked about how satellites were being diverted off orbits.

Gravitation laws, circular force, velocity, angular momentum etc
Reply 2
Are you sure that your teacher said general relativity and not special? The maths of GR is pretty non-trivial to say the least, from what little I've seen - its a 4th year course here at Manchester.

The maths of SR though is pretty much GCSE and you will probably do it early in your first year.
Reply 3
ye, it was definitely general.
I'll probably just stick with doing exoplanets, as i have no idea what to do on general relativity.
i could probably get stuff about the doppler shift/gravity if writing about exoplanets. trying to think of some other stuff at the moment :P
Reply 4
space elevator, thats what i'm doing. loads of different physical ideas wrapped up in that.

Latest