The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

Joanna May
Yes, it does count. You should be able to get some kind of statement from the building society that will help.

Oh my gosh this is so confusing =| But how am I meant to know what'll be in there for the year 2009/2010? That's impossible! I'm going to be changing that amount all the time :s-smilie:
Looks exactly the same as the old site except its now more orange. I thought it was meant to be a new system and thats why it was taking so long to implement. I could have changed the colours for them in 15 minutes yet its taken them 6 months.

I'm not going to apply just yet as I'm not sure if I am going to be able to find a placement. I'm having trouble finding any to apply for that are in the area of work I'm looking for so I'm not sure if I'm going to go straight into my 3rd year. I'll still be applying early though, i'll just get them to change it if my circumstances change.
Reply 142
I'm trying to link up my parents application with mine but when it asks for the student Alias ID and date of birth it says the information is incorrect...but it's not. do i need to give it time from when i created an application?
I'm trying to do the financial information for my dad, and it asks "what was your total income before deductions", but doesn't specify which year. Do I just presume it's 2008/2009? Because the question after that is "Is your household income under £15,000 for 2007/8 and 2008/9", so it confuses me.
Reply 144
J90
I'm trying to link up my parents application with mine but when it asks for the student Alias ID and date of birth it says the information is incorrect...but it's not. do i need to give it time from when i created an application?

I had the same problem. You need to log out of your account. And then get your parent to register a new account specifing that they are a supporter. Then they log in and click support an application, and then you enter the Alias ID and so on.

At the moment you are trying to support your own application. Think of your account as a person. You, your mum and dad are all going to have to register one. Annoying I know...
Reply 145
EagleHawk
I had the same problem. You need to log out of your account. And then get your parent to register a new account specifing that they are a supporter. Then they log in and click support an application, and then you enter the Alias ID and so on.

At the moment you are trying to support your own application. Think of your account as a person. You, your mum and dad are all going to have to register one. Annoying I know...

Each myself, my mum and my dad all have an application, so with three different numbers, passwords etc...then i logged in as my dad and it says apply or support so i obviously click support and then it says 'whose application are you supporting?' and thats when i tried putting in my Alias ID and date of birth and it says its incorrect :frown: argh it's so confusing!
Reply 146
J90
Each myself, my mum and my dad all have an application, so with three different numbers, passwords etc...then i logged in as my dad and it says apply or support so i obviously click support and then it says 'whose application are you supporting?' and thats when i tried putting in my Alias ID and date of birth and it says its incorrect :frown: argh it's so confusing!

Ohhh it says your ALIAS ID is incorrect even when using your dad's account? That's definetly an error or something. It should work. Sorry I can't help you any further try calling the SLC on Monday to see what they have to say.
I'm so confused!! How can I work out my taxable unearned income for 2009/2010 when I don't know how much money I'll have at that point? The only income I'll be getting other than Student Loans and grants is EMA and that won't be for the whole year anyway :s-smilie:
Reply 148
EagleHawk
Ohhh it says your ALIAS ID is incorrect even when using your dad's account? That's definetly an error or something. It should work. Sorry I can't help you any further try calling the SLC on Monday to see what they have to say.

Thank you for the help :smile: ....suppose I'll be making the phone call on monday then.
Reply 149
Guys need help ASAP!

First of all, it keeps asking if I'd like UCAS to share my details with them-I said yes, it returned me to the application but it asked the same thing again and again and again...On my UCAS however it said that I have already opted into sharing my details with them, so should I just say no now that I come to that part again?

Also, it asks for my application number (UCAS), but requires it to be 9 digits! There is nothing like that on the welcome letter, so what do I do?

Thanks!
Reply 150
Type in uni and course manually.
Reply 151
Although I've completed my section of the application it seems a little pointless to have my parents do theirs at the moment as they won't get the proper financial documentation like P60's etc for months yet assuming they are wanting documents for the tax year April 08 - April 09.
I think opening the applications at this early stage just means they can get to work on some of the non income assessed requests before they get bombarded with paperwork for the income assessed loans.
Yeah, you're probably right, species. I've just done mine because I could be away for the rest of the year, so it's easier to set up all my side, and most of my parents as well before I go.
Reply 153
Orthala
Taiko - how could you lie to me :frown:

Not sure how much my tuition fees are. What happens if I apply for the max and its more than I have to pay? :confused: (I am on placement so its all different to normal)

theres a calculator here. you might be able to find out how much your uni charges or at least get to their website

http://www.studentfinance.direct.gov.uk/portal/page?_pageid=153,4680089&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

I think the max is £3225 tho
AAaaahhh - why won't it except '12/10/09' as a valid date for starting my course?
Annie354
AAaaahhh - why won't it except '12/10/09' as a valid date for starting my course?

Put 12/10/2009, it has to be in the dd/mm/yyyy form :smile:
Redpanda91
Put 12/10/2009, it has to be in the dd/mm/yyyy form :smile:

Lol, I know, just realised and was about to delete :frown:
Annie354
Lol, I know, just realised and was about to delete :frown:

It's ok, once it took me a few weeks of trying just to enter a date because I didn't realise that :redface: :tongue:
It's giving me two options of courses from UCAS. Only one which I have received an offer for, and the my other two offers weren't even options O.o :biggrin:
You can change details at a later date can't you? Especially if you are only part way through the form and haven't sent it off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending