What's the point of this thread?
Reply 2
A is for Awesome

Just to pass the news.

No harm done.
Reply 3
Oh no :frown:

Thats very very sad. My condolences are with the family.
Jebus, that's horrific. Poor boy.
oh poor little lad :frown:

This is exactly why I would never have a dog around a baby. It's always the placid family dog that has 'never shown any sort of aggression before' that does it, in all these cases.

Dogs are lovely in the right environment, but my own feeling is that you just can't be too careful with dogs and babies.
Reply 6
These bloody pit bull terriers and all dangerous dogs need to be banned and anyone caught with them should be heavily fined or sent to prison.
Reply 7
Oh wow that's horrible. :frown: Prayers to them.
How awful. :frown:

We were only talking about this on the P&P society the other day. I am also one for no dogs around babies, you just never, ever know.

shark67

These bloody pit bull terriers and all dangerous dogs need to be banned and anyone caught with them should be heavily fined or sent to prison.

That's the point though, it says in the article that it was a Jack Russell and a Staffordshire bull terrier. Supposedly family dogs.

:frown:
Reply 9
shark67

Pitbulls and another 3 dog breeds are already banned in the UK, jack russels and staffordshire terriers are not pitbulls or any of the other 3. It's ridiculous to have a sweeping generalisation of a specific dog breed because some people cannot control their dogs properly. ANY dog has the potential to be aggressive, and ANY breed had the potential to be a good dog if it has the right training. I work in a veterinary hospital and have seen a pitbull which was one of the nicest dogs ever, and I have also been bitten by labradors, yorkies etc etc that people perceive to be less aggressive than pitbulls.

Also, it says that the child was staying with its grandparent. I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks that the dogs should be perfectly ok with having a strange, wailing creature in their house just because their owner is related to it is retarded. If your dog isn't used to babies, don't bloody leave them alone, it's common sense, surely. It's like the thing about 2 guard dogs killing their owners' grandchild. They're not used to the kid, why wouldn't they attack if that's what they've been taught to do to strangers?

Yes it's a sad situation, but people are so unbelievably stupid when it comes to expecting dogs to behave how you want them to. They aren't going to know what to do in certain situations unless you teach them.
its the owners fault for not supervising. I have a cavi that i wouldnt trust with a baby never mind a staffi
I think every member of the RSPCA should be sacked and put in jail. It was their duty to protect the child. Call the daily mail and the sun. Get them to help me out on this one.
Reply 12
alexdude1991
I think every member of the RSPCA should be sacked and put in jail. It was their duty to protect the child. Call the daily mail and the sun. Get them to help me out on this one.

You'd better be joking.
very sad
alexdude1991

what are you talking about?
It's a shame both the dogs were destroyed, they always put a dog down after one freak attack but it's not like the dogs then went for the owner. They were probably never around babies before and the crying spooked them and since a baby is so small it doesn't take much of a "mauling" to kill it.

I bet they were still lovely dogs to their owners, you don't put down a human after it's been arrested to gross bodily harm because it has a taste for violence, even though many people seem to enjoy beating the crap out of innocent people.:rolleyes:
Reply 16
Very sad story, especially as it could so easily have been prevented. A child and a pair of dogs are dead, all because some dozy old bint couldn't control her dogs. If your dogs are aggressive and attack babies, it for one simple reason; you didn't put the effort into training them properly, and it's your fault that child is dead. Well trained dogs do not attack, even if provoked - they see their owner as pack leader and will wait for their signal. Grandmother should face charges in my opinion....
OMG OUTRAGE THOSE EVIL DOGS SHOULD ******* DIE >_<

Who cares?
never trust a dog

never leave a small kid alone with dogs
Reply 19
A is for Awesome

What a ******* stupid question.

Absolutely horrible thing to happen. I'd personally never let my young children near dogs, and some cats. They're just too unpredictable, especially when a child might end up annoying it / hurting it by accident and is obviously unable to read the signs.

Latest

Trending

Trending