The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It couldn't imagine not having a bin in the bathroom. Cotton buds, cotton wool pads, face wipes, ST's - all the things you use in a bathroom but can't flush - goes in the bin. I would've thought that was a common solution to a common problem? Hmmmm.
Reply 101
What exactly is a sanitary towel and what's the big deal about leaving it in a drawer for a while?

I've only ever been out long enough with two girls to get to know about periods and stuff. I don't think my ex-wore a sanitary towel, and she didn't shave her pubic hair. The other girl I had an extended fling and she went on her period. She just used to put tissues inside her vagina, and when I tried to remove them there was some blood, just a little tiny bit, on one of the tissues. Not that gross. I then went on to make love to her, even though there was a bit of blood there, as it was our last night together.
Reply 102
Ilora-Danon
It couldn't imagine not having a bin in the bathroom. Cotton buds, cotton wool pads, face wipes, ST's - all the things you use in a bathroom but can't flush - goes in the bin. I would've thought that was a common solution to a common problem? Hmmmm.

lol variety is the spice of life.
Reply 103
caffee
Ummmmm. Are you being serious? :confused:

Note English second language. yes.
Reply 104
Lol, get a bin for your bathroom !
bret
What exactly is a sanitary towel and what's the big deal about leaving it in a drawer for a while?

I've only ever been out long enough with two girls to get to know about periods and stuff. I don't think my ex-wore a sanitary towel, and she didn't shave her pubic hair. The other girl I had an extended fling and she went on her period. She just used to put tissues inside her vagina, and when I tried to remove them there was some blood, just a little tiny bit, on one of the tissues. Not that gross. I then went on to make love to her, even though there was a bit of blood there, as it was our last night together.

Gaaaaaaaaaaah, that's wierd, and does not sound like she was having a period. You can't just "put tissue inside" and also, it would be very hard to pull anything out that wasn't attached to a piece of string.
Bleugh, this thread is getting a bit toooooo gross!!
Reply 106
bret

:lolwut:
Reply 107
Fen
Note English second language. yes.

Oh I see, sorry I didn't notice that at all, well maybe you know it as a pantyliner?? or pad?
I can completely understand the general disgust at bathroom bins. It just seems a better idea to me to keep all the rubbish centralised in one place rather than having festering sanitary towels and the like in your bathroom.

I've become properly neurotic about it since I've been living in diggs and the girl I'm living with leaves her sanitary towels in our OPEN TOPPED bathroom bins for a fortnight at a time and never ever empties it. It's just ewwww. It might be a bit better if it were a closed top bin, but the fact it's open... it HONKS to high heaven after two weeks. And before anyone asks why I don't just empty it myself, I have done for the past however many months its been, but this month, I just can't deal with dealing with someone else's uterine lining.
/rant.

OP, I think your mum over-reacted, but I'm sure it'll all be forgiven by the morning :smile:

But to the OP
Sine

I'm def with you on that one. :yep:
Sine

You say that, but what did people do before sanitary towels were invented?

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanitary_napkin Didn't realise they were quite that old.
Anonymous
I'm def with you on that one. :yep:

Did that REALLY need to be anonymous? :eyeball:
Reply 112
parpirate
You say that, but what did people do before sanitary towels were invented?

Lol, that's not the point though...sanitary towels are invented and it's not like they live in a third world country so why not use them? :confused:
the_inept_one
I can completely understand the general disgust at bathroom bins. It just seems a better idea to me to keep all the rubbish centralised in one place rather than having festering sanitary towels and the like in your bathroom.

:ditto:

I've always hated leaving them in bathroom bins, and since I share a house with two guys at the moment it's something I certainly won't be doing.
Sine
Lol, that's not the point though...sanitary towels are invented and it's not like they live in a third world country so why not use them? :confused:

She probably didn't do it on a regular basis, he might have just caught her at a time when she'd ran out/got no money and had to comprimise.
it's a it gross,but i'm assuming you at least folded it up or wrapped it in tissue? your mum's over-reacting a bit, just say sorry and that it was an accident- it's not like ou do it loads or anything.

god, last time my fam were away, i had a male over, and as we went into the spare room i noticed my sister had left what must have been an almost WEEK OLD used sanitary towel on the bed :| i threw a towel on it before he could see and quickly manuevered us to another room... the gross thing is that my sister regularly leaves them lying around(maybe why i wasn't as grossed out as some pople by your post? at least yours was an accident- not just laziness!)
Gah, I know the feeling. I once accidentally left a tampon applicator on top of the toilet... and my male, foriegn and very naieve flatmate found it and showed it to me to ask what it was. I was like cringing for weeks. :o:
Reply 117
parpirate
She probably didn't do it on a regular basis, he might have just caught her at a time when she'd ran out/got no money and had to comprimise.

True.
Bubblebee
Gah, I know the feeling. I once accidentally left a tampon applicator on top of the toilet... and my male, foriegn and very naieve flatmate found it and showed it to me to ask what it was. I was like cringing for weeks. :o:

LOL....excellent xD
Reply 119
Wait...
people leave used pads lying around?
Ewww.

Latest

Trending

Trending