The Student Room Group

Fashion at Heriot-Watt Scottish Borders

Hi All,

I am 28 years old and applying to uni for fashion courses. So far I have got 2 inconditional offers at the HW in Galashiels (International Fashion Retailling and Fashion Technology).
I am currently living in Edinburgh and would love to being able to just commute to uni, but I don't know how much it is recommendable? Has anyone done it?
Would you recommend instead moving to University Halls or is there any chances to share a flat in Galashiels? How's life over there?
My other main concern is: will there be opportunities to get a part-time job?
Is any mature student applying there too?

Thank you everyone for your help!
Reply 1
Hi Sara.

I'll also be attending Heriot-Watt in Galashiels this coming September as a mature student (of 25!) I will be joining 2nd year 'Fashion and Textile Design Management'. I don't know if you have thought anymore about commuting or moving down to Gala, but I am currently looking for potential flatmates (as I don't already know anyone studying there), to then look for a flat. The thought of sharing with someone else a little older than 18 (no offense to anyone) would be brilliant.
Reply 2
Hi i saw ur posts and i don't know if i'm too late on saying this but the flat i currently stay in has a double bedroom to let. the flat is clean and in a quiet area of Galashiels but also in the centre and not far from uni if you's are interested? thnx

Latest

Trending

Trending