The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Aww congratulations! But I'm not going to study law there...
Going to the open day in march tho :wink:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
sonic786a
:smile: :smile: :smile: hey
anyone studying law at lincoln sept 09
got my place this week
anyone going to the open days.......

:hi:
Still deciding whether to go there or not, though...
Reply 3
how come .......
Reply 4
sonic786a
how come .......

I've got offers from Sheffield Hallam, Coventry & Staffordshire, & waiting for a reply from Keele, I want to check all of them out before I decide...
Reply 5
Should be at Lincoln in September doing Law. Im half Aussie, Half Brit, so still sorting out some stuff in regards to fees and the like, but all going well, will be there! Doing Law an Politics
Reply 6
i cant wait to go now
am just sorting out the accomodation
sooo confusing lol
Reply 7
im going lincoln 09 to do the single law llb,i thinks its going to be my firm like 99% sure lol

accomadation is confusing am sending off my application today

where is everyone staying , im hoping to stay at pavillions
Reply 8
same here
i have sent my application off for courts first choice but can change my mind
ive been looking at pavillions and junxions and look well nice but im leaning towards courts at the moment due to everyone being freshers there
confused.......
Reply 9
Yeah i'm off to do Law at Lincoln this September, if results are good. In terms of accommodation i've gone for the student halls/village. Should be good....:wink:
Reply 10
I'll be going into my second year doing Law at Lincoln, just thought I'd say it's a really good course :biggrin: Can be hard work though!!
Reply 11
I'll be going into my third year in September so if anyone has any questions then let me know :smile:
Hey i'm gonna be studying law (LLB) at lincoln this september, staying in the brayford campus! I was wondering if there was a reading list? haven't been able to find one on the uni website but thought id just double check!
would be great if someone could let me know :smile: thanks!
Reply 13
I'll be repeating the first year of the law degree at Lincoln. The first year was fantastic, but unfortunately I was unable to sit both sets of examinations. I would be happy to anwer (as best as I can) any questions.

Charlotte, the first year contains 5 modules

Contract Law: Coursework; Computer based group problem solving; Examination.
Constitutional Law: Coursework; Examiniation.
Tort Law: Group Presentation; Examination.
Citizen and the State: Full Course work. Semester B
Legal Skills: Search exercise; Moots Semester A

I could send you a copy of the recommended reading. The books are quite expensive, and there are a number to choose from. I would recommend flicking through a couple for each module at the university library, and then making a purchase.

Looking forward to meeting the new year.
Reply 14
charlotte-jane
Hey i'm gonna be studying law (LLB) at lincoln this september, staying in the brayford campus! I was wondering if there was a reading list? haven't been able to find one on the uni website but thought id just double check!
would be great if someone could let me know :smile: thanks!

Hey,

You won't get the reading list until you receive each of your handbooks in the first week in the lectures that you go to. It will tell you inside them. I'm sure Jammil could tell you the books used last year, however, it may be best to wait until you start as some law books are updated each year hence why it gets quite expensive when some are £30 each.

Good luck :smile:
Thankyou people! One more question.. :smile: I'll be staying on the Brayford Campus, but i haven't heard which flat..and i'll be leaving for uni in ten days. is this normal?? :s-smilie:
Reply 16
charlotte-jane
Thankyou people! One more question.. :smile: I'll be staying on the Brayford Campus, but i haven't heard which flat..and i'll be leaving for uni in ten days. is this normal?? :s-smilie:

find out today
Reply 17
I'm moving to Lincoln on Sunday, into the halls, and STILL have no idea where im living!!! 6 days to go
Reply 18
Im doing law at Lincoln but im goin to be living at Park Court, moving in on Sunday:smile:

Latest