The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Scipio90
No, it has a little resealable thing.

oooh that is exciting, it's not cathedral city is it?
Reply 781
smilepea
oooh that is exciting, it's not cathedral city is it?

Yes :biggrin:

It's the same type we have at home, but we always just ignored the sealing thing for some reason.
Reply 782
Scipio90
Yes :biggrin:

It's the same type we have at home, but we always just ignored the sealing thing for some reason.

I think there is a chance I know too much about cheese ...
Reply 783
smilepea

Hehe, you can never know too much about cheese.

I didn't have a grater, so I cut it into small cubes :smile:
Reply 784
Scipio90
Hehe, you can never know too much about cheese.

I didn't have a grater, so I cut it into small cubes :smile:

I can tell you that the Stilton cheese in Sainsbury's is from the Tuxford and Tebbit creamery :redface:

I have a grater but I've never found occasion to use it :frown:
Reply 785
I have a feeling that I'm using way too many commas in my English sentences. Is there something like "The Definite Concise Guide to English Grammar", either online or as a (library) book, that I could have a glance at to improve my punctuation :smile: ?
Ooh, I get the FJ thing now.
smilepea

I want some cheese but I keep forgetting to buy some :frown:

In other news, I met a Magdalene girl last night who plays rugby with you :p:
Reply 788
Y__
I have a feeling that I'm using way too many commas in my English sentences. Is there something like "The Definite Concise Guide to English Grammar", either online or as a (library) book, that I could have a glance at to improve my punctuation :smile: ?

You could probably find a guide near dictionaries in bookshops if you just want a quick look, but IMO commas are so subjective I wouldn't bother.
Reply 789
smilepea
I can tell you that the Stilton cheese in Sainsbury's is from the Tuxford and Tebbit creamery :redface:

I have a grater but I've never found occasion to use it :frown:

I will gladly take the grater off your hands :tongue: I have had so many opportunities to use a cheese grater and have had none to hand. And by hand I mean anywhere in the next two corridors).
Reply 790
Gesar
I will gladly take the grater off your hands :tongue: I have had so many opportunities to use a cheese grater and have had none to hand. And by hand I mean anywhere in the next two corridors).

"Opportunities" is putting it a bit strongly, surely?
Reply 791
Y__

It's American, but it really is pretty good. It improved my style quite dramatically when I was 13-14. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elements-Style-William-Strunk/dp/020530902X
Reply 792
Yeah I second visesh's suggestion, that's the guide I use when PS-helping and needing to explain points of grammar or punctuation to people.
I forgot to mention that I'm on the front page of TCS this week - woo :king1:
Y__

Tom knows of something - so ask him.
Reply 794
Craghyrax

Ooh, what for?
Reply 795
Craghyrax

Tom knows of something - so ask him.

Are you the I in Investments?
Reply 796
I looked on the TCS website but can't find anything :frown:
Tom
I looked on the TCS website but can't find anything :frown:

If you saw a photo of people holding up the letters of 'ethical investment'....:tongue:
Edit: Llamaaa - yeh something like that. Hang on... yep. Well spotted.

Gym done. Library! :vroam:
Reply 798
Oh. For some reason the pictures on the TCS website won't load for me :s-smilie:

I will try on my phone instead.
Craghyrax
If you saw a photo of people holding up the letters of 'ethical investment'....:tongue:
Edit: Llamaaa - yeh something like that. Hang on... yep. Well spotted.

Gym done. Library! :vroam:

I did see if I could spot you when I looked at TCS on Thursday, but couldn't :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending