The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ok im giving up a modern ensuite room next year for a nice old victorian one. i hope this will be the right decision!!!!!!!!
Reply 1381
Scipio90
Eek. Rowing soon, then have to do a load of physics and wash and iron (:eek:) a shirt in time for the boat club dinner tonight.

My mum managed to find formal shirts in tescos for £3 or something ridiculous, so I now have enough clean, uncreased formal shirts ready to wear for the next 5 or so formal events, and one stupidly expensive fancy one to wear for something decadent.
Reply 1382
I just woke up! I feel so refreshed.

Best of luck to everyone slaving away especially Craggy, I'm taking a couple of hours off now and will commence Week of Hell 2 in a few hours time :afraid:
Reply 1383
Probably enough for you (and more than enough for everyone else).

But there aren't (m)any clubs like that. So you'd have to go to London
Reply 1384
Stupid work. Does *anyone* in the world care about what happens to focal lengths when two lenses are placed together?
Well, that was a really very impressive lie-in...
Reply 1386
Scipio90
Stupid work. Does *anyone* in the world care about what happens to focal lengths when two lenses are placed together?

Optometrists? :p:
Reply 1387
visesh
Optometrists? :p:

Maybe...

But still, not physicists. Not me, anyway.
I feel terrible.

Not altogether surprising, since I've just gorged on Hall food after not eating or drinking for in excess of 18 hours...
I was intending to go to a social do tonight but they changed the venue and time. My phone had run out of credit and charge, so I wasn't aware. I might pop in on my way to the ADC tonight, but I'm feeling very very apathetic at the moment. Maybe I'll go to the ADC bar and read a book for a bit. Unfortunately I have a complete lack of reading material, Craggy, you mentioned something about Feet of Clay a while back?
Azer
Random question:
how many 'rahs' are there really at Cambridge?

I go to a very expensive school in Munich. I have the kind of friends here who go to clubs where a 3l champagne easily costs 200 pounds, and who eat out at shisha restaurants basically every day. I've gotten kind of used to this style of life, and am wondering how many people like this there are a t Cambridge?

Are you for real? Anyway, the 'rahs' are a really small minority and they do tend to stick together and ignore everyone else from what I've seen. Using the sample of our year I'd guess that they make up less than 7% of students in Cambridge.

ukebert
I might pop in on my way to the ADC tonight, but I'm feeling very very apathetic at the moment.

Are you going to watch the Medics Revue?
Reply 1391
alex_hk90
Can't you do it during the bop? I've heard not many people are going.

work during the bop?! seriously? and I have to be responsible and look after the drunk rowers :rolleyes:
alex_hk90
Are you for real? Anyway, the 'rahs' are a really small minority and they do tend to stick together and ignore everyone else from what I've seen. Using the sample of our year I'd guess that they make up less than 7% of students in Cambridge.

Are you going to watch the Medics Revue?

Nah, The Tempest. I'd like to see the Medics, but this was the only night that I was free and decided on a little culture. Both got good writeups in Varsity.
Reply 1393
Vector Calculus is broken again :frown:
ukebert
Nah, The Tempest. I'd like to see the Medics, but this was the only night that I was free and decided on a little culture. Both got good writeups in Varsity.

My friend is in the Tempest - the same guy who was in the Prime Minister one, whatever that was called. He's Caliban :smile: And another Emma first year is the producer :smile:

I finished and sent a supervision essay 18 hours before the deadline :woo: :eek3:
Reply 1395
I saw the Tempest on Wednesday. I thought it was very good, especially with the staging arrangements.

Spoiler

Reply 1396
Okays, just saw CPF (& I think Visesh?) playing Newnham Acoustique tonight... they were both really good, you guys should definitely come here them play at some point!
K.T.
Okays, just saw CPF (& I think Visesh?) playing Newnham Acoustique tonight... they were both really good, you guys should definitely come here them play at some point!

DominicJ I think actually :p:
The Tempest was superb. They really displayed Shakespeare's talent in writing well, the script flowed beautifully. Most impressed.

Zoedotdot
My friend is in the Tempest - the same guy who was in the Prime Minister one, whatever that was called. He's Caliban :smile: And another Emma first year is the producer :smile:

I finished and sent a supervision essay 18 hours before the deadline :woo: :eek3:

THAT's where I had seen him before :p: He was really good :smile:

All the boaties were being cumbersome in town though :dry: Drunken people sometimes really do annoy me.

Now, I have been awake for 8 hours. There is no way I'm getting to sleep, is there? :frown:
K.T.

I've been meaning to since the beginning of last term :dry:

Latest

Trending

Trending