The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
if you are doing the double award you have to do unit 6 as its complusory, if you are doing just single then choose then only 1-3 are madatory and then choose easy units such as system installation, websites and multimedia - or if you are into exams ICT in society is always an easy one to go for as its just reguritating the text book and websites.

regards mr j
Reply 21
Aj2003
LOL, Why did you hate it? What did you get?

I found it bloody easy, just pretty boring! I need an A, hence the resit. I could take the C and be done with it, but i have nothing to lose but it would just make it harder for me to attain an A at A2. This would mean i would have to get pretty high marks in the coursework and after last eyars fiasco, i'm not taking that risk and would rather redo the exam and increase my chances of getting an A. :biggrin:

Also i only have 4 other A2 exams this summer, so i have plenty of time for revision.

Luckily I got an A but I was honestly hoping for a C because I thought I did so bad. My coursework is rubbish this year but I think that if it is around a C grade I could still be on for an A overall.
Reply 22
By the way, it's settled by the teacher and I. I will be doing AS computing now instead of the whole A-level (wish I took it in year 12, so i would be doing A2 right now). He said that there won't be enough to do that unit 6 coursework. In addition to that, he mentioned about doing module 4 & 5 is pointless and you will fail, as unit 6 is not there.
Reply 23
trev
By the way, it's settled by the teacher and I. I will be doing AS computing now instead of the whole A-level (wish I took it in year 12, so i would be doing A2 right now). He said that there won't be enough to do that unit 6 coursework. In addition to that, he mentioned about doing module 4 & 5 is pointless and you will fail, as unit 6 is not there.

hows that affect your getting into uni - still gunna have enough points?
Reply 24
jumpunderaboat
hows that affect your getting into uni - still gunna have enough points?

It does. I need to get at least a C or D in AS computing along with the 2 A-levels.
Reply 25
trev
It does. I need to get at least a C or D in AS computing along with the 2 A-levels.

Ahh ok, at least it doesn't ruin your plans (providing you get a C or D) :smile:
Reply 26
jumpunderaboat
Ahh ok, at least it doesn't ruin your plans (providing you get a C or D) :smile:

Indeed.

I should have thought of doing A-level computing in the start of year 12 instead of year 13. Now I'm doing the AS level instead of the full A-level. :frown: O well.
Reply 27
I suppose it depends on how much work you're willing to do.
Reply 28
well unit 5 is my module to mark - ops broke the rules so wot i mark harshly unit 4 is easy and unit 6 can be if you take the time to normalise
Reply 29
This year for coursework I'm just modifying my AS coursework, so if yours was good marks maybe you should just hand it in all over again. Unless you make changes it won't have all the things for an A, but it should get you decent marks to help keep your overall grade.
Reply 30
emma870
This year for coursework I'm just modifying my AS coursework, so if yours was good marks maybe you should just hand it in all over again. Unless you make changes it won't have all the things for an A, but it should get you decent marks to help keep your overall grade.

Some parts of the AS coursework won't correspond to the A2 coursework. I will get a low grade if I don't meet some criterias.
Reply 31
if you're merely interested in getting an extra a levle, regardless of grade then you can take the AS+A2 without the coursework

Equally though, you could probably get away with just doing the analysis of the CPT6 and still be able to get an A if you get full marks on the other papers.... that is what our college has done.... they've got loads of peple getting full marks in CPT1,CPT2,CPT3 and CPT4. and now we're studying for CPT5 and if we get full marks in that we get our A. But if we don't it's not a big deal because we're also doing CPT6 - don't really need to put much effort into CPT6 so i'm being rather lax about the coursework

it is feasible though to get an A without doing CPT6 (JUST.... u need full marks in everything). i woudlnt' advise it because i'd get too stressed out though.i

just my thoughts on the topic
Reply 32
dustyjim
if you're merely interested in getting an extra a levle, regardless of grade then you can take the AS+A2 without the coursework

Equally though, you could probably get away with just doing the analysis of the CPT6 and still be able to get an A if you get full marks on the other papers.... that is what our college has done.... they've got loads of peple getting full marks in CPT1,CPT2,CPT3 and CPT4. and now we're studying for CPT5 and if we get full marks in that we get our A. But if we don't it's not a big deal because we're also doing CPT6 - don't really need to put much effort into CPT6 so i'm being rather lax about the coursework

it is feasible though to get an A without doing CPT6 (JUST.... u need full marks in everything). i woudlnt' advise it because i'd get too stressed out though.i

just my thoughts on the topic

I didn't get full marks in the other modules. :redface: I don't think I would get an A or some decent grade.

Anyway, the issue is settled and I'm doing the AS only and not the A2. I got an E & U already. I'm gonna repeat those AS modules obivously. As for the A2 modules along with the coursework, it's difficult. Obviously, I want to get a good grade. If I do the A2 modules without CPT6, I think I would fail it or not get a good grade. My teacher suggest me not to do the A2 modules as I don't have enough time anyway (doing this course in 1 year).

I'm not that good in programming anyway.
What are your teachers on!?

You should be in the finishing stages of ICT6 now, let alone debating whether or not to do it at all!

Jesus christ we started it last July and now most of the class has secured an A in it!
So Trev, howcome your teachers are so behind?

Latest