The Student Room Group

Would you date someone in a wheelchair?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Probably not...
I think I would, if he was a nice guy and attractive. Id probably get used to it after a while.
no chance
I use a wheelchair, I can walk but not very far or very much at all and it's never been an issue with anyone I've dated or been friends with, so yeah, I'd date someone in a wheelchair.
If you really liked someone and felt that spark with them then you soon see past the chair.
I feel like such a bad person. And now I'm getting nicotine cravings for it, karmafail.
Bagration
Agreed.

It would be extremely, extremely awkward. I feel really bad saying this, but no, I wouldn't. I mean if I was dating someone and THEN they became crippled yes I would hope I would, but otherwise no.

Pretty much exactly what I was gonna say.
Reply 26
I'd shun it all together I'm afraid. I'm only young and would probably feel like it would be too much hassle.
Yes, I definitely would, if I liked them.

Apparently I'm a minority :rolleyes:
Reply 28
I would, but then i'd date anything if it was attractive and easy
If I was attracted to somebody enough to want to date them, then for me, them being in a wheelchair would be no more of an off-putting factor than what colour their hair was.
oo_Lucinda_oo
Yes, I definitely would, if I liked them.

Apparently I'm a minority :rolleyes:
Good people are always a minority.
Why on earth would it make a difference whether or not someone used a wheelchair?! Yes, I would date them, if they were someone I wanted to date, and I have to say I'm a bit shocked at the amount of people saying no.
Reply 32
Bagration
I feel like such a bad person. And now I'm getting nicotine cravings for it, karmafail.

It's not thaaaat bad. Chances are you won't come into contact with anyone in that situation anyway, and the general consensus seems to be a 'no' so it's not just you. Although I have to say I'm getting the same thing but with caffeine =/
Reply 33
I'm not sure. I wouldn't write them off but it would be a tough decision to make due to the practicality and responsibility of it all. If I really fell for them then yeah but it would be difficult no doubt.
Reply 34
Nope. I wouldn't feel comfortable around her enough to like her in that way.
aliphatic
It's not thaaaat bad. Chances are you won't come into contact with anyone in that situation anyway, and the general consensus seems to be a 'no' so it's not just you. Although I have to say I'm getting the same thing but with caffeine =/
Lol good call, I think i'm gonna go make a coffee :biggrin:
Yes.

Just like any other person, I'd have to like their personality and find them reasonably attractive.
Reply 37
I would think about it.
Reply 38
Yeah i would if i liked them, yeah i guess it would be inconvenient sometimes but does that matter if you liked them...
This thread is a little upsetting... I'm facing the prospect of possible chair-time in the near future and if my boyfriend felt the same way as most of you guys it would break my heart :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending