The Student Room Group

I’m a SJA cadet… someone please tell me when I’ll do the first aid course!

Hi everyone! So I’m 13 and I joined St. John ambulance around 4 weeks ago- I’m absolutely loving it. The only thing is, I’m wondering when I’ll have the opportunity to do the first aid course that allows me to get my cadet first aider role bar. If anyone knows, then great- please let me know.

Thanks guys :smile:

Hannah

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
**this is in England btw guys**
Reply 2
No-one on here will know. Ask your organisation!
Reply 3
I’m allowed to ask questions on here. If you don’t know then don’t be rude and just move along. I’ve asked my organisation but I was just wondering if anyone on here knows. If you don’t, then shut up and go and answer another post
Hi!
Fellow cadet here,
Normally COFA courses run quite often, but due to covid fewer are running at the moment.Its really different for every case but I'd recommend you speak to your unit manager and they'll be able to sort it from there :smile:I did my first ever Training a few months after a joined.
i hope this helps and I'm glad you're enjoying SJA!!

Duncan

Ps if you want to ask any more questions I'm more than happy to help!
(edited 2 years ago)
Also if you any other questions to ask don't be afraid to DM me on Insta (I have the same username)
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Surnia
No-one on here will know. Ask your organisation!

Funny you should say that... I knew
Reply 7
Thank you Duncan!!! I’ll definitely get in touch with my unit manager- I’ve just requested you on Instagram and I’ll DM you as that might be easier and I don’t tend to go on here much. Thank you so much again! And haha you did know… I don’t know what that person was on about xD
Reply 8
Original post by Dunc4n125
Funny you should say that... I knew

You said the same as me - ask your organisation.
Original post by hannah_410
Thank you Duncan!!! I’ll definitely get in touch with my unit manager- I’ve just requested you on Instagram and I’ll DM you as that might be easier and I don’t tend to go on here much. Thank you so much again! And haha you did know… I don’t know what that person was on about xD

Hi Hannah, you're welcome! I'm never on here so Instagram is much better. And some people just want to be unhelpful!
O

Original post by Surnia
You said the same as me - ask your organisation.

You say that... But I was kind, it makes a real difference saying things nicely. Plus I was much more specific, because ask your organisation could mean a fellow cadet or the CEO
hi, sorry to ask on an old thread I was just wondering how you are finding SJA so far. I am considering joining as I had to quit dance a few months ago. I've looked on their website and it seems great, I just wanted to ask someone with some firsthand experience. Thankyou! x
Reply 12
Original post by mangosmoothie
hi, sorry to ask on an old thread I was just wondering how you are finding SJA so far. I am considering joining as I had to quit dance a few months ago. I've looked on their website and it seems great, I just wanted to ask someone with some firsthand experience. Thankyou! x

Hey! Sorry mangosmoothie for the late reply, I don’t go on here much- but it’s absolutely great- I love sja. If you want then you can message me on Instagram (hannah_07.xo is my user) and I’ll tell you more about it :smile: if you don’t have insta then just let me know and I’ll tell you on here. Thanks!
Hey! Sorry mangosmoothie for the late reply, I don’t go on here much- but it’s absolutely great- I love sja. If you want then you can message me on Instagram (hannah_07.xo is my user) and I’ll tell you more about it :smile: if you don’t have insta then just let me know and I’ll tell you on here. Thanks!

Thank you! I am sorry for my late reply too. Unfortunately, I suffer from an illness that has got much worse in the past few months, so I am mostly wheelchair bound now, which probably wouldn't work well with sja. Thank you very much anyway though!
Reply 14
Thank you! I am sorry for my late reply too. Unfortunately, I suffer from an illness that has got much worse in the past few months, so I am mostly wheelchair bound now, which probably wouldn't work well with sja. Thank you very much anyway though!

Oh no! I’m really sorry to hear that, and I hope you feel okay. Sja probably would still work and be supportive, as I think it is wheelchair friendly, but of course health comes first so do what’s best for you!! Best of luck with your illness; do you mind me asking what it is? :smile:
Oh no! I’m really sorry to hear that, and I hope you feel okay. Sja probably would still work and be supportive, as I think it is wheelchair friendly, but of course health comes first so do what’s best for you!! Best of luck with your illness; do you mind me asking what it is? :smile:

Thank you! I am sorry for the late reply, I spent some of Christmas and Boxing Day in hospital and have been very distracted with it all. They probably would, but I don't have the energy atm. I am still waiting for some test results, but it looks like Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (I have my first genetics appointment later this month, on the 25th, about it), which is a rare inherited condition which makes me have severe joint pain, stomach issues, pots (basically I can't stand up without almost/completely fainting), heart defects and dislocations. I would really love to join when I get a bit more used to my wheelchair: it sounds like so much fun! Thank you again lovely xxx
Reply 16
Thank you! I am sorry for the late reply, I spent some of Christmas and Boxing Day in hospital and have been very distracted with it all. They probably would, but I don't have the energy atm. I am still waiting for some test results, but it looks like Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (I have my first genetics appointment later this month, on the 25th, about it), which is a rare inherited condition which makes me have severe joint pain, stomach issues, pots (basically I can't stand up without almost/completely fainting), heart defects and dislocations. I would really love to join when I get a bit more used to my wheelchair: it sounds like so much fun! Thank you again lovely xxx

Aww no that’s terrible! I hope you get a diagnosis and start to feel a bit better soon. Sja is absolutely great and would be so supportive of your condition, when you get more used to your wheelchair of course. Thank u so much for sharing, and you’re welcome love, if you ever need to talk to me then you know where i am xxx
Aww no that’s terrible! I hope you get a diagnosis and start to feel a bit better soon. Sja is absolutely great and would be so supportive of your condition, when you get more used to your wheelchair of course. Thank u so much for sharing, and you’re welcome love, if you ever need to talk to me then you know where i am xxx

Thank you!! That's really lovely of you. Atm it looks unlikely I will be in school before March, even for half a day. I will definitely look into it, and if it is on days that I am not at school I will apply, but I think I would be too tired if not. I'll just have to see. One of my mums friends runs sja in the next town, so I might ask if I can join his as I know him. Thank you again, and I hope you have a great time at SJA, you really deserve it lovely :smile:xxx
Reply 18
Thank you!! That's really lovely of you. Atm it looks unlikely I will be in school before March, even for half a day. I will definitely look into it, and if it is on days that I am not at school I will apply, but I think I would be too tired if not. I'll just have to see. One of my mums friends runs sja in the next town, so I might ask if I can join his as I know him. Thank you again, and I hope you have a great time at SJA, you really deserve it lovely :smile:xxx

Aww that’s amazing! And yeah, of course just take time to yourself first and try to get things settled before you do anything that’s too tiring. If you need anything then just let me know- there are cadets in sja who are in wheelchairs and things so I’m sure that when you feel a bit more comfortable then there’s definitely ways around it. And thank you so much love, I’m really enjoying it and I’ve actually done 2/4 days of the first aid course now :smile:xxx
Aww that’s amazing! And yeah, of course just take time to yourself first and try to get things settled before you do anything that’s too tiring. If you need anything then just let me know- there are cadets in sja who are in wheelchairs and things so I’m sure that when you feel a bit more comfortable then there’s definitely ways around it. And thank you so much love, I’m really enjoying it and I’ve actually done 2/4 days of the first aid course now :smile:xxx

yay, that's amazing!! It sounds so amazing, I couldn't do it at the moment because my mum has to be with me whenever I'm out but she probably wouldn't mind sitting in the car in case something happens. The first aid course sounds so interesting, I had a look online. Thankyou for being so nice to me!!xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending