The Student Room Group

Are TSR users losers?

Poll

Are TSR users losers? (lolrhyme)

Note that this is a discussion, not a troll thread.

I'm curious as to how you perceive yourself and other users of this forum. Do you consider people with huge postcounts here to be losers? Do they have too much time on their hands? Is everyone who uses TSR a bit of a loser, and should they be spending more time in reality?

Discuss.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yes
Reply 2
No more than those who use facebook et al.
Reply 3
Considering most my posts are from my iPod.... no.
Well, my post count isn't as high as yours...
I have too much spare time on my hands.. and the insincerity of TSR is a nice break from organising campaigns. Loser? maybe.. who cares.
Reply 6
I say some people come here to escape reality which isnt bad but slightly worrying when its the only thing they do.

I wouldnt say there losers but maybe some people with 10000+ posts need to get out more?!
Reply 7
I don't consider myself a loser, so I don't see why anyone else with a high post count would be.
Reply 8
only if their post count is >5,421

:wink:
Reply 9
SoundDevastation
I have too much spare time on my hands.. and the insincerity of TSR is a nice break from organising campaigns. Loser? maybe.. who cares.

What sort of campaigns? Have you organised any recently?
Some TSR users are complete losers and it comes across in the posting. And others are cool. It all depends on the user really.
Reply 11
I think the OP has a pertinent point, in my case at least. Ok so yeah I could do with getting out ( at night ) one hell of a lot more than I do. Do I care if others think I"m a loser?.....no not really.:s-smilie:
Just you son.

"No". I have a large postcount and lots of reputation, because I like making posts on an internet forum. This doesn't mean I don't go out. It means that when I'm in, I spend a fair amount of time on an internet forum. I don't reject invitations to go to social events to sit on the internet, but on a monday night when nothing much is going on I don't think it makes me a 'loser' to come on here any more than, say, watching Eastenders would.
Nah, I don't think so. It depends what you enjoy. If you enjoy coming on here instead of playing sport/watching tv etc, then why not?
Reply 14
They are no more losers than users of any other forum or social networking site.
Reply 15
Yes, this one is :smile:
Reply 16
celticfcz

I wouldnt say there losers but maybe some people with 10000+ posts need to get out more?!

12,000 posts in just under a year :frown: Then again, I have an excuse being a mod.

No I don't think members are losers. I only know a handful for a start. A significant proportion of the population use Internet forums and social networking sites. This doesn't, in itself, make them all losers.
Reply 17
At times I have nothing better to do, so I come on TSR. I'm currently attempting to write an essay which I'm stuck on, so I'm taking a break :smile: Don't really care if it makes me a loser or not.
I'm on a gap year so I have an excuse :tongue:

I don't think it makes them ''losers'', I know people who spend hours on Facebook and Myspace, or YouTube. At least TSR is more productive and thought-provoking than bitching about people's pictures or e-stalking your ex partner.
65% loser 35% normal

Latest

Trending

Trending