The Student Room Group

Does makeup really change attractiveness?

Poll

Does makeup really change how attractive someone is?

Okay not sure if something like this has already been done, but hey.
Does makeup really change your opinion on how attractive someone is?
I always felt the need to wear it but yesterday wore none infront of this guy I really like and he said he thought I looked beautiful, maybe more than normal.

Thoughts?
I think that Makeup gives a lot of girls confidence - which therefore makes them a lot more attractive.
Reply 2
I think when done right it can. I guess sometimes it can make girls more striking and noticeable.
Yes - it makes them far LESS attractive IMO.
Make up can devastatingly reduce attractivness. I have never found a girl more attractive due to make up, but quite often have seen girls make themselves look hideous with make up.
Tbh my friends can't even tell when I'm wearing make up and when I'm not... But I feel a massive difference in myself when I am and when I'm not wearing makeup.
I only wear mascara and foundation though, so it probably is just a confidence thing like someone above said.
Reply 6
I suppose it depends how much you wear. I love my makeup, but I never wear that much of it at once, so my friends and boyfriend always say that I've never looked shockingly different without it.
I think makeup is good fun and a great way of making yourself feel more attractive, but also that often people can see through it. I don't think it can make a really drastic difference, except maybe professional makeup artists for photoshoots etc.
Reply 7
i think naturally beautiful girls look better without it because it makes their eyes nicer, and their skin looks cleanner#

but on girls who are average i think it can make them appear 'hot' when without it theyd be quite ugly
Yes, less attractive.
Yes it can do. And for all those people saying people look better without they probably don't even know when the person is without it. Look at celebrity pics without make up and you'll find your answer.
Makeup should only enhance what you have. For many girls this is misunderstood as "makeup should entirely cover up what you have".

I always think I look better with a bit of blusher and mascara on, but my flatmate from last year looked much better without all the foundation and powder and everything.
Reply 11
well.. if girls go OTT with makeup it can look really bad-like wayy to much blusher/fake tan/eyeshadow etc.. but subtle makeup looks ok..

i wear eyeliner,mascara,and a slightly pink tinted lipgloss,or just nivea tinted lipbalm..and maybe use bit of foundation if i get spots,but luckily i never really have much trouble with spots or uneven complexion.

i think i look weird without eyeliner though-i think its a confidence thing sometimes so i always wear eyeliner when i go out.
Reply 12
Yes. If done lightly and well, it can increase it slightly. Otherwise, it usually decreases it.
Makeup accentuates attractiveness, it's made so we can emphasise our assets - not change the whole face.
Make up can make you look beter,
But If you're pretty, you're pretty no mater what.
Depends on the face in question
Depends on the amount of makeup
Depends how well it's applied

Latest

Trending

Trending