The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
it is a really hard question to answer. There is no doubt that throughout the ages, people have tried to make painful things easier to swallow. But it is not really possible to say whether God/God's exist. We look back on the Greeks and the Norse and laugh at their ideology of Thor, Odin, Poseidon, Zeus. But the human civilisation 500 years later might be laughing at our current belief systems.

Personally, i try not to think to much of it. Whether we live after death or not, it is in our best interest to enjoy it as much as we can as for both circumstances, we will never get the chance to experience it the way we have been given the chance to.

I don't to make this too long, but it is one of those topics that requires a lot of 'virtual paperwork'....
Reply 21
Death is inevitable and no matter how you think of it there is really no nice way to approach the subject. Many people believe different things and thats nice for them as they have a soft cushion to land on, for example "I know my god will save me."
Reply 22
LadyFadge
Death is inevitable and no matter how you think of it there is really no nice way to approach the subject. Many people believe different things and thats nice for them as they have a soft cushion to land on, for example "I know my god will save me."

LOL "I know my god will save me." with wot scientific grounding do you make this bold statement???
Reply 23
jstringer
LOL "I know my god will save me." with wot scientific grounding do you make this bold statement???

I dont its what my twin said to me before she killed herself!
jstringer
??? Are you mentally disturbed??? :confused:

I'm not mentally disturbed. The voices inside my head tell me i'm normal
miss Spelled
Your neorons stop firing, your upper and lower brain functions stop, and you sease to live, you die, no big mysiter

How do you know this? How do you know you don't go to heaven?
Unregiste
How do you know this? How do you know you don't go to heaven?

How do you know you do? I prefer to base my life on the assumption that there is nothing rather than living in hope of something that cannot be proved. If I'm proved wrong then I get a nice surprise, if not then I'm not disappointed.
Reply 27
lumpycustard
what happens when u die? where do u go? iv had a bit of thinkin time tryin2get ma head round all the possibilites...

you get done up, with make up and stuff, placed into a box, and buried into the earth, where you will spend all your time playing poker with elvis. :biggrin:
Reply 28
LadyFadge
I dont its what my twin said to me before she killed herself!

OK I think you should be on some kind of medication for that!!!
Reply 29
Unregi
I'm not mentally disturbed. The voices inside my head tell me i'm normal

I hate to break this to you but the vocies in your head are the reason your mentally disturbed!
Reply 30
jstringer
OK I think you should be on some kind of medication for that!!!

Yeah what ever i am over it i was just making a point!
Reply 31
LadyFadge
Yeah what ever i am over it i was just making a point!

and wot point was that?
Reply 32
jstringer
and wot point was that?

Never mind it was obviously wasted forget it
jstringer
and wot point was that?

yeah well thats scary, voices in their head - wierd, lol your right though death is death no one knows exacly what will happen so why try and understand ?
Reply 34
eminem_crazy
yeah well thats scary, voices in their head - wierd, lol your right though death is death no one knows exacly what will happen so why try and understand ?

Exactly! Why do people even try!
LadyFadge
Exactly! Why do people even try!

god knows dont really see the point ! you wouldnt have any views on urban music and gun crime would you ?
i just think death is one of them things that no1 actually knows.the problem is, is that every1 that does no is...well...dead
Reply 37
eminem_crazy
god knows dont really see the point ! you wouldnt have any views on urban music and gun crime would you ?

Only that you tend to see Urban musicans with Guns so the People that are listening to them and watching them idealise them and think that it is ok!
LadyFadge
Only that you tend to see Urban musicans with Guns so the People that are listening to them and watching them idealise them and think that it is ok!

ok thanks hey this sites kinda cool dont know what to talk bout now though !
Reply 39
a bit sad that we have our heads so far up our own arses that we can't comprehend that we might "die" (SHOCK HORROR!)

we arent anything special, we just die, period

Latest

Trending

Trending