The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Its really not hard for a girl to get sex if she wants it. Really.
Anonymous
Yeh i'm a boy and in the same situation, however I would prefer losing it in a relationship...just can't find that relationship!
Just gotta keep living your life and stop waiting for it to come, because if you wait it will seem like it just takes forever.

i agree , im in the same situation (though im a girl) i would rather be in a relationship, no matter how desperate i am :cool:
You're a bright student you say - are you off to uni any time soon? Loads of people change their personalities to become more 'true to themselves' there (and loads of people also get drunk and sleep with randomers) lol. I'd say wait til then and then there'll be no one to think you're weird lol.
Reply 23
4x4
If you'd actually be serious, why not just put your adress and have a look if anyone here is living near you (I don't live near you though, I live in a different country, os I can shamelessly suggest this), and if so, have a chat with them to see if they'd be up for it.

because theres psychos on the net dude. don put up ur address
how old are you?
I dont have 2 sides of myself because I'm outgoing, bubbly and at the same time the good girl but Im pretty much in the same predicament. Im a virgin and totally ready to lose it but Im rubbish at flirting and on meeting others they are shocked Im still a virgin and they lose interest.:frown:
Heya. I was exactly the same as you at your age. Actually, I finished my A levels and just turned 18 I was single and went on a holiday with my two friends to newquay. I met a guy in a club the one night, and then the following night I ended up in his flat alone with him. He was 26, whereas like I said, I was just 18. I was so so so lucky. I decided, after he had taken all of his clothes off and was standing naked in front of me, that I really didn't want to do it that way. I was so naieve, I could have been raped, beaten or anything, even left on the streets of Newquay on my own. But he understood, he took me back to the club my friends were in and I never saw him again. To this day I still cannot believe how stupid I was. 3 weeks later I met my boyfriend that I'm still with now, 19 months on, and I am so so happy that he was my first.

I'm not saying wait for someone special. I know how it felt to be young and horny and so very frustrated. I'm just saying please don't be stupid like I was, you have no idea what any random guy in a club may be like when they take you home. Even if you don't really want a relationship, that's fine. Just make sure you know them before you go there.
Reply 27
Bagration
Sounds like you need to find the male version of you.

Sounds like a general piece of advice for most women. (The equivalent statement holding for most men)
Reply 28
Anonymous
I dont have 2 sides of myself because I'm outgoing, bubbly and at the same time the good girl but Im pretty much in the same predicament. Im a virgin and totally ready to lose it but Im rubbish at flirting and on meeting others they are shocked Im still a virgin and they lose interest.:frown:

Not everyone's like that. Some people don't lose their virginity till -comparatively- late on, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Those that mind, don't matter, those that matter, don't mind.
Reply 29
You will regret it to a guy who's name you don't know at a club. If anything it'll be painful and yeah.... not nice. Just find a guy who's caring. Sex isn't everything, but it is pretty big. Just don't throw it away because you will feel terrible.

Take care :smile:
good to know it's not just me then!
i'm also quiet/studious etc at school yet am always getting told to shut up at home and have put it down to moving a lot and always being shy at new schools etc yet being more comfortable around my family. I am louder with friends etc but only once I know them quite well. OP Is there any reason you can think of that may have caused your 'dual personality' so to speak?
Reply 31
I think the problem is that you've never been in a real meaningful relationship. I mean I don't know how you are but surely if you get into a nice relationship with someone that you love or grow to love then surely it can't get uncomfortable being close with them - you'll be wanting it!

I'd really not reccomend to lose your virginity to some total stranger at a club. Sure you'll have sex but I bet afterwards you'll feel like **** and really regret that you lost it that way. If that's your only goal in life however then sure, lose it to a random guy. I'm sure guys at a club won't care if you are a virgin or not, they just got lucky, they usually don't care with who as long as it's with someone!
Reply 32
I think I was you a few years ago, feeling like I was being two different people, and that people at school saw me very differently to how I felt, so if that's any consolation at all, you are pretty normal. I waited for a relationship for losing my virginity, and I'm glad I did, even though it meant turning down offers from certain male friends to change the situation. I'm really glad I waited in the end, but this definitely isn't the right choice for everyone, and there is no need to put too much of an emphasis on virginity as a positive or negative thing.
Maybe you should give yourself a bit more time to assess how you really feel about sex, and hopefully you should come to some sort of conclusion as to what you want. Even if you are a 'nice girl', there's essentially nothing wrong with considering the idea of casual sex. I know I certainly considered it myself.
What area do you live in? - Serious question.
in years to come when ur having a girly chat with your friends about your first time will you really want to say it was some guy you don't remember in a club?
Surely you have more self-respect.
Reply 35
Sorry I'm too young for you ;P
Three words: Friends. With. Benefits.

Obviously a lot better than losing your virginity to some randomer.

There is a lot to be said for waiting until you're in a meaningful relationship. I lost my virginity to my current boyfriend, and I'm so glad I waited for him (I was 17).
He'd been with two girls before me though, and that hurt.
If you're the kind of girl who that would matter to (falling in love with someone who has been with other people) then you need to realise that as you get older, less guys are gonna be virgins.
i offer a gentle deflowering service, free of charge (unless travelling far).

PM me for details.
I know exactly how you feel, OP. I was in the same situation for too long if you ask me. If the only thing that's putting you off from just pulling a random guy in a club is the fact that you're afraid it hurts, then get a bit drunk, and it should be fine. Although bare in mind that when you're drunk you're more likely to forget about protection so it's always got its risks. Secondly, I understand that it's a lot easier said than done, especially if your friends have got a certain image of you, and you don't feel comfortable acting different around them. I was the same. The only times that I could really be myself was when I went travelling because no one I met had any preconceptions of me. Things changed when I went to uni and made new friends, I still find it difficult sometimes to let loose in front of my friends, but I'm more outgoing and relaxed with them than I was at home.

So yeah, I lost my virginity drunk to a guy I hardly knew in a foreign country where I didn't speak the language etc. etc. A lot could've gone wrong with that, I realise, but to me it was a relief because there really wasn't a relationship anywhere near in sight, and I'd lived without for 21 years. And I don't regret it. How old are you? I'm not trying to say that you're too young or that you wouldn't be ready, but just be 100 % sure you're ready before you do anything stupid. And really, what I did isn't the most sensible way of doing things so before you go out to pull a random guy be sure to know that there can be consequences.
My question now is, what purpose is losing your virginity to a guy in a club, gonna serve? It'll be one shag, one 'moment' then when it's all over, you'll be sober, single and alone.
If you're that in need of sex, what's to say losing your virginity is going to 'cure' your craving? If it doesn't, what then? Shag more random guys for a quick fix?

I'm sorry, but I don't see any plus-es to losing your virginity to a randomer.

Latest

Trending

Trending