The Student Room Group

Left brain, right brain test!

OK, need some help. Have a 5 min. presentation to do on whether you are left brained or right brained :smile:

For those who are interested in what they are, here are some tests:

1) Are you left or right handed? Each hemisphere controls the OPPOSITE side, therefore if you are left handed you are RIGHT brained, if you are right handed you are LEFT brained.

2) http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22535838-5012895,00.html

3) How easy do you find this? http://officespam.chattablogs.com/archives/left-brain-right-brain-conflict.jpg

Does any one else know any other tests? Is it true that the left brain controls the right eye and right or left or is that not true for eyes (because they are controlled by the brain part at the back!

Any help much appreciated!

XxxxX

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yep i think thats true about the eyes (right field of vision is processed by left side of brain, and vice versa) think its true for hearing as well, although someone correct me if im wrong

edit:

1) im right handed
2) i saw the dancer go anti-clockwise, but after looking at it for a while it went clockwise
3) took me a few seconds to actually say what colour the word was, not what the word was saying :p: hehe
you are doing a presentation on me? im honored :biggrin:
Reply 3
cowsgoquack
you are doing a presentation on me? im honored :biggrin:

Hehe. Point taken :smile:

I was going for a collective you, but I guess if it makes your day run with it! Sure, it's you! :biggrin:

XxxxX
lol theres a video on youtube.
1. Right handed
2. I could do both quickly enough, but I thought doing the words themselves were easier.
3. Clockwise, I couldn't make her go counter-clockwise. :frown:

I have seen other tests. I'll see if I can find them
Reply 6
saw the dancer go the opposite way every time i looked at it tbh - and the colour thing was piss though i really struggled on the tan one for some reason.
1)I'm left handed
2) The dance turns anti-clockwise
3) It took me a few seconds to say the colour - i had to think about it - though I struggled with 'white' at the end :h:
1) right handed
2)anti-clockwise and the list of things for a left sided brain are so like me
3) really hard kept saying saying the word and not colour
Reply 9
I've always been rather sceptical of these tests. I'm right-handed, after being forced (more or less) to change from left-handed when I was young. I can make the girl move both ways, and I found that thing pretty hard.

Anyway, what I've been sceptical about is the claim that the hand you use as your primary hand determines the side of the brain you choose; does that mean people who've switched hands at an early age have effectively altered how they use their brain? seems rather strange.
Reply 10
1) right handed
2) saw her going clockwise and couldn't see it goind anti-clockwise atall
3) took me a few seconds to say the colour not the word.

Here it is slowed down.
1) right handed
2) clockwise (i don't get how it can not go clockwise :s-smilie: )
3) easy
"Popular psychology tends to make broad and sometimes pseudoscientific generalizations about certain functions (e.g. logic, creativity) being lateral, that is, located in either the right or the left side of the brain. Researchers often criticize popular psychology for this, because the popular lateralizations often are distributed across both hemispheres, although mental processing is divided between them."

Anyway, I'm right handed.

I don't see the dancer spinning in any particular direction. Sometimes it's clockwise, but if I look away and look back, it might be going clockwise. And I can sometimes force her to change direction while I'm looking at her.

If I put my face closer to the screen, then its easier to say the colour instead of the word. But otherwise, I can still do it, but I hesitate before saying the colour.
Reply 14
right handed (usually)
the dancer was clockwise (but the shadow anticlockwise at the same time, explain that?)
saying the colours was easy enough, because that was the aim. saying the words was easy too though so i don't know what to think
Reply 15
1) Right-handed
2) Going clockwise
3) Fairly easy
1. I'm right-handed
2. She started off antu-clockwised but I'm pretty positive that she changes direction A LOT in the animation
3. Saying the words was definitely easier, but I could do the colours too, although the red confused me a bit! x
1. Right handed
2. Going clockwise
3. Relatively easy :smile:
Right handed. The dancer went anti clockwise and the words thing was easy as i've done tests like that before.
Reply 19
- Right handed
- Clockwise majority of the time. Anti-clockwise if I concentrate hard.
- More tempted to say the word than the color, some of them I had no idea what they actually were. Different shades of blue ¬_¬

Latest

Trending

Trending